33: Almost Is Never Enough

With Zed's devious stare boring through him, half of Aeiou's face became painfully numb. 

Zed snickered. "Eh? Have you finally ran out of lies? Brother?"

Hearing that question, Aeiou let out a frustrated sigh. He looked at Zed with cold eyes.

Zed winked.

Aeiou rolled his eyes away and spoke.  "Don't sweat about it, it's just what it is. Pay me if you already have that amount of money." Aeiou turned his head to the lady and pulled the card from her hand forcefully.

However, when he was about to take his second step, a strong hand held his arm. "Wait."

"Let go... Ah!" 

A thug sounded and Aeiou found himself pinned him to a corner by Zed.

"Do you think I'll let you slip away this time? My brother?" Zed held Aeiou's other wrist and and put it above Aeiou's head. "You stalker. I'm going to call the police."

Aeiou broke into cold sweat. "I PAID FOR YOUR MOTHER'S RENTAL AND YOU'RE GOING TO CALL THE POLICE?! WHAT KIND OF A PSYCHOTIC BASTARD ARE YOU?!" He spat.

Sensing the fueling tension, the lady spoke, "It's lunch time now. I should go." She bolted.

The eyes of the two guys eyes met again, Aeiou's wrath was evident on his eyes yet Zed's expression was still beaming with deviousness and vigor. 

"What are you smiling about?!"

"I'm happy. That's what I'm smiling about."

"Happy to send me to jail?!"

This must be Aeiou's dream right now, because what happened next shocked him.

Zed laughed brightly for the first time. "Hahaha..." He stared at Aeiou and showed his pearly teeth. He was smiling. "I thought you don't care about me anymore."

"Tsk. It's awful. I have to do your school works because you're sleeping..." Aeiou's eyes widened. 

Zed squinted. "You what? So that's shy I haven't received any warnings from our teachers... you're covering up for me." Zed's smile reached his ear. In Zed's mind, he thought: Did he heard the conversation from the start? Then that means followed me all the way here. And then he felt bad and paid for what he could to help me. What kindness...

Zed removed his hands off Aeiou's wrist.

"Finally... Freedom. Ah! Get your hands off my head!"

"What? I'm just rewarding this good boy." Zed put his two hands on Aeiou's silky and wavy black hair and patted them violently.

Aeiou crouched a little and counterattacked. "I'm not your dog!" Aeiou pushed Zed's chest. But Zed didn't even move an inch. 

"Sorry. I have dogs and this is the only way I know how to show love to them."

Aeiou spat. "Obviously! I'm not a dog!"

"Oh okay. Like this?" Zed put his hands on Aeiou's waist and pushed him close to his body.

 Aeiou found his head on Zed's shoulder. "Why are you hugging me?"

"I'm happy. Am I not allowed to be happy?" Zed put his chin on Aeiou's shoulder and closed his eyes. Zed wanted to ask a whole lot of other questions, but Aeiou would just continouosly lie so he just kept silent about it. Aeiou's presence here with him during this day was more than enough to answer his queries.

"You are a stalker now, huh?" Zed asked.

Aeiou snickered, "Stalker my ass." Despite of his attitude, Aeiou didn't move away from the hug.