62: I'm Always Here For You

Once the class came to an end, Aeiou started gathering his things. When he stood up and looked to his side, he saw Zed already standing beside him, blocking his way.

When their eyes met, the air between them froze in an instant.

Aeiou blinked twice. Zed stared at him with furrowed brows and sharp eyes.

Zed barely moved on his chair from the last two periods. He did nothing nor bothered to raise his hand once his name was called on the attendance by the teacher and just stayed silent.

A deep and crisp voice sounded next, "Let's eat outside."

Aeiou gulped, he tried to hide his anxiousness with a sly, "What if I don't want to?"

But Zed didn't say anything and turned his back. Aeiou found himself trailing behind the prince on the hallways without protest.

Aeiou scracthed his head, "What is it? Are you okay?"

"No."

Aeiou went silent. Damn... If he founds out about Tori, it's gonna be a problem!

In the hallway and until the pathway outside, the prince took the lead and stayed silent, contradicting to what he usually do when they walk together; he'd hang his arm around Aeiou's neck lile pulling him in a hug in front of other students as they walk side to side.

°°°

The conversation was no better on foot compared in the car, Aeiou, while looking at the tinted window, rubbed his fingers against his palm roughly while Zed was driving with his eyes straight on the road.

Aeiou summoned his courage and hid his anxiousness with a cold voice, "Hey. Just tell me what bone you have to pick with me." Aeiou moved his eyes to Zed.

Zed inhaled deeply, closing his eyes for one second before pasting his orbs on the road again. "We can talk after I drive."

Aeiou nodded and looked at the car's window again, thinking to himself, He never shut me off of conversations like this. Even though Aeiou is not scared of Zed, he still couldn't stop himself from getting anxious of getting caught.

On one hand, he had promised a date with Tori, so the girl would stop bothering him. On the other hand, Hansel, Zed's bestfriend, confessed to him. Both were revelations that would surely drive Zed crazy as he got two love virals from different genders, one is the ex girlfriend and the other is his own bestfriend.

Aeiou didn't want Zed to know any of the two problems he currently have now.

Weighing his options, Aeiou still couldn't think of a way to avoid this. Aeiou thought of options for so long that the car stopped under a mahogany tree without him knowing for a minute.

Aeiou gazed at the window and saw countless stalls stationed not far away from them. And once he trailed the smoke that raised to the cloud, he met the gloomy weather. It seemed like it would be a heavy downpour soon. Suddenly, seeing the sky was gray, Aeiou felt cold, and the last thing he would feel cold, was now freezing, his hand. He realized, Zed did not held his hand the whole trip.

"Aeiou..." A deep and cold voice came  from his side.

Aeiou immediately turned his head to Zed. "Hmm?"

Zed looked for Aeiou's hand and finally reached for it, but he did not look at Aeiou's face. He kept his eyes on Aeiou's eyes.

Zed fiddled his fingers on Aeiou's palm and then slid his slender fingers on Aeiou's margins. He held it lightly before he said, "Tell me, everything about you and Hansel," while still looking at Aeiou's hand.