Who you love

Sometimes the need to feel and get loved by the one we love clouds our judgment
-D😘

Hey beautiful hearts! So sorry I didn't update earlier, I had a crazy day and my feet hurt so bad I have problem walking 😭😭😭😭 . For commenting and thereby reminding me to update immediately I woke up this chapter is dedicated to Newyorkgirllll. Love you all! 😘
~D
***
"It's scaring me Malcolm," Cookie says in her apartment on the phone with Malcolm.

"I don't know what Lucious did to my baby but something happened to Mal, and I want my son back" she says. She pauses as he replies.

"I'm getting my son back Malcolm even if I have to go to hell and pay the devil a visit" she says as a knock resounds on her door.

"Coming," she yells out.

"Malcolm someone's at the door I'll talk to you later" she says cutting off.

She opens her door and sees Andre.

"Hey mum" he says.
He steps in.
Cookie stands at the door waiting for him to speak.

"Mum" he says as he approaches her smiling.
Realizing he wasn't planning on leaving soon cookie shuts the door.

"Hey baby," she says "uhm ...have a sit, here" she says waving him to a sit.

Andre moves unsure and seats down. He puts his hands together on his face and takes a deep breath.

"Baby are you okay?" Cookie says looking at him confused.

He removes his hand from his face.
"Mum, Rhonda, I she..." He says as he stands up.

Cookie raises an eyebrow.

"What did your no good white girl do now Dre?" She says lackadaisically.

"Killed Vernon" he says silently.

"What?" Cookie says not hearing him.

"She's pregnant cookie" he says taking a deep breath and leaning on her desk.

"Uh" cookie says and stands up.

They are silent for a few seconds.

"Mum I know I haven't been the best son but being a father does something to you," he says standing up to approach her.

"Wish I could say the same about your father" cookie says scrunching her mouth to the side. She takes a heavy breath and places her hands on both sides of Andres face. She loves her boys.

"Mum, i miss you" Andre says his eyes filled with tears.

"What? Dre I've been here for a while now, I haven't gone anywhere," she says.

"I know that, but you've shown love to Jamal and now Hakeem mum and I felt and feel left out," he says his eyes glistening with unfallen tears.

"What?" Cookie replies.

"I missed you for 17 years and when you came back it felt like I never got you back. I thought I did when I had my meltdown but you left." He pushes forward. Taking a deep breath he continues "Like you're ashamed of me." he says tears falling down his and cookies eyes.

She shakes her head.

"Look at me Andre, Look at me boy," she says turning his attention fully on her.

"I have never and will never be ashamed of you, yes I may not support some of your decisions..." she pauses and smiles "white girl included"
"See mum..." he says starting to move but cookie grips him firmer shaking her head and focusing his face on her.

"But I love you and always will Andre and will always have your back, Don't  ever let anyone or anything make you feel otherwise" she says as they both hug tightly in tears.

***
Woohoooo I lived to see the day that Andre got love from one of his parents! Though it had to take his confronting it head on *insert side eye*
Life is funny like that, sometimes we are oblivious to how others read our actions and unconsciously hurt them unknown to us till they bring it to our notice.
I love this development Andre and Cookie. Hopefully it stays this way for a while 😜.

What do you all think? Let me know, Love you all
~D 😘