Chapter 23 (Flashback)

Aha, I hate subjects related to Research and Communication but Mathematics is cool but my math teacher is not.

Mentioned Ships:

- Slight YamaHina(?) (Yamaguchi x Hinata)
- TsukiYama (Tsukishima x Yamaguchi)

My Multishipper Heart go brrrr

-----

No One's POV

"You... look like shit right now. Are you alright?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah I am totally fine. Just need some rest, that is all."

Yamaguchi placed down a tray of dirty plates while staring at his tired-looking best friend, Shouyou. Big and dark circles, slightly pale skin, dull eyes, gloomy expression - this is not a definition of someone that is fine. It was only the two of them working at this hour since Yachi asked for a leave because she had an emergency at her province but she will be able to have a night shift later.

Yamaguchi, "Rest? Did you not get enough sleep again, Hinata?"

Shouyou, "Take a guess already, Yamaguchi. I will be cleaning that table over there so take my place for a short while, alright?"

The tangerine did not wait for an answer from the green when he just walked away from behind the counter and did what he just said to the other, leaving his best friend hanging. After a month that his cousin left to Canada for his job as a sales representative, both friends noticed Shouyou's sudden change of personality, like he is not the bright and energetic Shouyou that they knew of and it really made them worry so much.

I am fine.

I just need to get some proper rest.

I always look like shit.

You are overthinking things.

Take a guess already.

Can we just continue with our work rather than worrying about me? It is getting a bit annoying.

Yamaguchi already memorized some of the lines that the tangerine would say to them when they ask if he was doing okay or not. The monotone of his voice, the lack of expressions on his face, and the body language he is showcasing really says otherwise. He has to admit that when Shouyou lies about something, he would try to be less obvious about it as best as he can but now he does not even care anymore. He just acts like a soulless being and not caring about his surroundings anymore.

Shouyou, "If you have time to zone out then better make this order."

Yamaguchi went back to reality before looking down at Shouyou, who was holding out pieces of receipts right before his face. Shouyou just stared blankly at him and waited for him to accept them, in which he did. Yamaguchi apologized with a soft chuckle but Shouyou just nodded his head before going back with taking in some orders, a fake facade plastered on his face yet again.

Yamaguchi, I really need to talk to Nishinoya-senpai about this...

He thought while doing his best to stay focused on the orders that he was making. He did not want another cut salary from their manager after all.

-

Yamaguchi, "So, how was your grandma?"

Yachi smiled, "She is fine now! She really needs some scolding with the way how she treats her body like- jeez! She really needs to let her sons to do her job."