Chapter 32) Contract Signing

November 20, 2020

I was informed by Shane and Adam that I was facing Drew McIntyre at Survivor Series this year. He won the WWE Championship from Randy Orton on Raw and it was time to settle some business. Making my way to the Thunderdome, I parked my car into the parking lot and made my way into the arena. 

"Sir, were you informed about the contract signing tonight between you and Drew McIntyre?"

"Yes." I replied, "Shane and Adam already told me when I was on my way over here."

Paul stood there in silence after I spoke to him. 

The time passed during SmackDown and I was ready to sign the contract and settle some business between us. I watched as Drew McIntyre made his way to the ring and sat down in the leather chair in front of the table, holding both of our contracts for our match at Survivor Series. When he was seated, I came out to the ring with Paul at my side. 

I glanced over at Adam Pearce and he allowed me to sit at the side of the table, next to Drew. 

"It's like the Universal Champion sits at the Head of the Table." Corey Graves said on commentary. 

I looked over at Drew with my hand placed on my chin and started giving him a sinister grin on my face. 

"I knew you could do it. Paul-not so much. I knew. I believed you could do it!"

Drew continued to furrow his eyebrows at me with annoyance as I proceeded to speak.

"Wanna know why? I've been in your shoes. All these lessons, I've already learned. I'm about to tell you what Paul told me years ago. You are the right guy at the right place, at the wrong time!" 

Drew sighed. 

"I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to get inside of my head. You're trying to piss me off. You want me to flip this table and punch you in the face, but it's not going to happen. I already got my match this Sunday. I can sit here and talk about how I feel about you and how you do business. You can talk about how you feel about me or you could talk about yourself; which is obviously your preference, but I'm going to get straight to the point. You told me to win myself a title. I won the title. Not for you, for me." 

I continued to sit down and stare him down and was intrigued by his words. 

"They told me to be here today to sign this contract and make the match official. That's exactly what I'm going to do!"

Drew looked down at the contract and signed the paper. 

I crossed my fingers together and stared at him blankly. 

"Now, it's your turn. Your show. Your move."

Drew handed me the contract and looked me in the eyes with a tight grip at the end.

"Do me a favor. In fact, I'm gonna give you a piece of advice. Please, don't underestimate me. I suggest you use these two last days of peace to prepare for war." Drew said, handing me the contract.

Paul brought me the pen and sat it down in front of me. 

"Bitch." He said under his breath. 

I read the contract and looked over at him. 

"You're gonna give me advice?" I moved the pen. "You're gonna advise me? The special counsel advises the Tribal Chief."

I looked at him smugly. 

"This is my show. WWE is mine! I give you advice. So, I'm gonna allow you to sit under the learning tree and I'm gonna teach you one last lesson. On Sunday at Survivor Series, you're going-" I paused, rubbing my fingers together and struggled to contain my laughter. "You're not gonna like it. You're not gonna understand the brutal truth, but one day you will and you are a secondary title holder!" I looked at him with disgust. 

Drew continued to stare down at me. 

"You are a prop! You are a stand-in! You are-" I scoffed, "You're the guy with the title that they get when I'm busy. You're like, "Roman's busier; he didn't wanna do it, so let's send Drew in, he'll do it!" I laughed, "That's who you are! The whole world knows who I am! But I'ma go and tell you one more time. I'm the champion. I'm the face of WWE. I am your Tribal Chief and I am the Head of the Table! That's who I am."

The crowd booed.

"And one day, years from now, one day. You will finally have the opportunity to be the man. You will finally have the opportunity to be the face of this company; to be the champion. And when you do, you're gonna look back at these nights and you're gonna thank me!" I chuckled. 

Drew shook his head with disgust.

"One day, you're gonna look in the mirror and see the man you always wanted to be and you're gonna think about these moments and you're gonna love me for them. For the lessons that I have taught you. And I'm gonna love you right back! Because Drew, you will always be my favorite number two."

I signed the contract and left the Thunderdome with Paul and the Universal Championship at my shoulder.

"You suck! You suck! You suck!" The crowd chanted. 

I walked away from the ring with a smile on my face. I didn't care what Drew had to say and I knew that I was beating his ass at Survivor Series and making him my bitch.