Chapter 22) Are You Okay?

After Loto, Duke and I made it back to the house, I watched as I seen Dolph and Sasha doing their best to comfort Ashley while I was gone to rescue my son. I opened the door with Loto's hand in mine and he ran towards Ashley and hugged her.

"Mommy, Mommy! I'm okay!"

"Loto! I was so worried about you. Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"No, mommy."

"He's just traumatized after what happened." I said with concern.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Yeah, dude. What's going on?" Dolph asked.

I couldn't get the words out of my mouth and my hand began to form a fist at the thought of that bastard.

"Seth kidnapped my son and I found him at an abandoned house around here. I brought Duke into the house with me and I saw my son lying at the corner of the house, tied up and with duct tape around his mouth to keep him from screaming."

"Are you serious?"

"Not just that, but he approached me with this sinister smile on his face. He was laughing quite hysterically while explaining that he kidnapped our son to get revenge on Ashley and I for throwing him in prison where he belonged."

Duke came into the house through the doggy-door and lied down in front of the fireplace for warmth.

"If it wasn't for Duke, I probably would have struggled to find Loto. He also attacked Seth on command but when I called him back, I took care of business and I couldn't stop beating his ass right from left. All I could see was red at that point because he was badmouthing Ashley and Loto like they were trash. As a father and a husband, I wasn't going to allow someone to say such terrible things about my family. Even saying things about my father and Uncle Afa sent me into a rage."

"I'm just glad that you three are home and unharmed." Ashley said.

"Well, mommy. I-" Loto said in an anxious tone.

We all watched as Loto pulled up his long-sleeved shirt to revealing a huge, purplish-brown bruise on his shoulder. Loto was the sweetest child that ever walked the face of the world and Seth physically abused him while we weren't around.

"That motherfucker!" I shouted and restrained myself from hitting the wall in anger.

"I'm okay, Daddy."

"Son, why did he do this to you?"

"Because I cried for you and mommy and then the mean man just hit me. I cried and cried but he stood there and laughed at me." He said with tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"I'm going to kill this motherfucker."

"I don't want you to go to prison, Roman." Ashley said.

"Oh, that's right. I forgot that I called the police on him and they threw his ass back in prison where he belongs. If he was still at that abandoned house right now, I would have ended that bastard's life. I should have allowed Duke to finish the job but I didn't want to go to jail for murder or have our dog being put down for taking his life."

"You have a point, Roman." Dolph said with concern.

"Hopefully this time, they'll keep him in prison and have extra security so he can't break out this time."

"All we can do is hope at this point. The police nowadays can sometimes be a joke."

I noticed that I could see Sasha's eyes wandering towards Ashley's stomach. Did she take notice to Ashley's pregnancy bump? 

"Hey Roman, I have to ask you and Ashley something."

"Shoot, what's up?"

"Well, I couldn't help but to realize that Ashley's stomach has gotten big. Girl, are you pregnant again?"

"Yes, I am."

"Oh my gosh! Why didn't you tell Dolph and I?"

"I was just waiting for the right time." She smiled.

"Do you know what you're having? A boy? A girl?"

"We're going to my gynecologist about that in a couple of weeks."

"I'm really about to become an uncle to two children already, huh?" Dolph laughed.

"Pretty much. I would say one thing to you guys but Loto is in the room."

"Loto, can you go to your room for awhile until we call you back?"

"Sure, daddy." Loto said, walking up the stairs and entering his bedroom and closing the door.

"Was your second pregnancy unexpected?"

"Yeah. I forgot to take my birth control right after sex."

"At least Dolph and I will be considering ourselves an aunt and uncle of two kids once they're born."

"Haha, Sasha. But off-topic, guys, I'm really sorry that he done that to Loto."

"I already threatened him that if he doesn't stay away from my family, that I will kill him one way or another. The things that he's done to Ashley and now Loto, I'm not going to allow him to get away with this. This time, the police better keep his ass in prison."

"I know how vengeful you can get, Roman."

I nodded.

"Sasha, Dolph. Thanks for coming over to comfort Ashley during this. We're glad to have you both as our friends."

"It's not a problem, Roman. We care about you guys and for your well-being. But Sasha and I have to head back to Orlando since SmackDown is right around the corner again."

"Alright, you guys stay safe. I'll see you guys Friday."

Sasha and Dolph got their things and made the trip back to Orlando, Florida. I sat down next to my wife on the couch as she looked a little frightened at the sight of our sons arm. 

"I cannot believe that Seth took it this far to physically harm our son."

"He's back in prison where he belongs. But tomorrow, I'm taking him to the doctor to make sure that his arm will be okay. Though it looks bruised, I don't want him to have an internal injury around his arm."

"You're right. I just want all of this to stop. It's not healthy for me or the baby right now."

I placed my hand carefully onto Ashley's stomach and looked into her eyes.

"Don't worry. I'm not allowing that bastard to come anywhere near you guys anymore. Duke may have to stay outside during the night unless it's raining; just for our son's protection."

"That sounds like a good idea, Ro. I just hope that all of this ends."

"It will. I promise." I leaned in and placed a kiss on her forehead.

I carried Ashley to our bed and covered her up and put on her favorite Netflix series and made my way upstairs into Loto's bedroom.

"Hey, son. Can I come in?"

"Yes."

I opened the door and saw my son lying in the bed with his hand over his arm and sat down on his bed to console him. 

"Daddy, my arm hurts."

"I know. He better be lucky that he went to prison because God knows what I'd do to him if he ever were to return."

Loto started to sob at the throbbing pain on his arm and hugged me close to him. It pained me to see my son crying because of something Seth done to him. He left my son traumatized after kidnapping him and physically abusing him. 

"Loto, we're going to the doctor tomorrow to get your arm checked out for any internal injuries. I'm so sorry that I allowed this to happen to you. I know I'm not a terrible father in your eyes, but I feel like this is my fault."

"Daddy, you are not bad."

I went to hug my son and he saw a tear in my eye.

"Daddy, why are you crying?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Daddy."

"Alright, alright." I sniffled, wiping away my tear. "It's because you're my firstborn son. It's my duty as your father to protect you and to provide for you and your mother. When that bad man came and caused you to have a bruised arm, I wanted to hurt him so much. I love you, Loto. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you because you remind me of myself from when I was a little boy and that you have a huge purpose in this world. I just couldn't forgive myself if I ever lost you."

"You won't lose me, Daddy."

He pulled me into a hug and I looked at him with a smile.

"We have to take you to the doctor in the morning. Better get some sleep and I'll wake you up."

"Okay."

Loto tucked himself into bed and I walked back down to my bedroom. I came into the bedroom with watching my wife enjoying the show and downing some food. 

"Having fun?" I asked.

"Yeah, but are you okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your eyes, Ro. Were you crying?"

"No, I, uh." I paused.

Ashley looked at me with a stern look in her face.

"Yeah, I was."

"Why? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just scared of losing our son because of what Seth did to him earlier. He's my pride and joy, Ash."

"Loto's going to be okay, Ro."

"I know, I just tend to worry so much."

"That's a good thing."

"I know, Ash."

About an hour later, we finished our conversation and our nightly routines and fell asleep for the night. I had to take Loto to the doctor early in the morning to get his arm examined and to make sure that he didn't have any muscle damage or an internal injury around the bruise.