Chapter 21) I've Had Enough

I took awhile after SmackDown to take a shower and talk to a lot of my co-workers before driving back home to Pensacola. When I was on my way down to the parking lot, I accidentally bumped into Sasha and Dolph. 

"Hey, Roman!" Dolph said.

"What's up, guys?"

"Nothing much. We were about to head off to the hotel for the night and hit the gym in the morning."

"That's good. I'm actually about to make my way back to Pensacola."

"How's Ashley and Loto doing?" Sasha asked.

"They're doing good. Loto is actually beginning to speak more fluently and Ashley's starting to feel a lot happier ever since she's been getting therapy because of that bastard."

"Speaking of him, I heard that he recently broke out of prison."

"I know. Just a few weeks ago, Ashley and I decided to take our son out shopping for some new clothes and when we came back, our entire house was trashed and we believe that he broke into the house to make his presence known. Luckily enough, I bought some security cameras and adopted a German Shepherd named Duke to protect them while I'm over here for work."

"That's terrible! I thought after everything he's done to you guys that he'd be in prison for life."

"I thought so too, but him breaking out of prison has made me more protective than ever by instinct. I'm guessing the prison he was in didn't want to keep him in there any longer, which is bullshit because I haven't heard about them investigating and trying to find him."

"You know, Roman, I'd be more than glad to beat his ass with you."

"I have it handled, Dolph. But if he ever tries to step back into the WWE, just let me know and we can take care of business. Ever since Shane's taken over as the chairman since Vince decided to retire after what happened to Stephanie and Hunter, everything's been going well. I just know that he wouldn't allow Seth anywhere near us."

"You're right about that. But I forgot to ask about Dean, is he enjoying AEW?"

"Yeah, he's been going at it a lot with Jericho from what he told me. I actually seen him and Renee about a week ago and they're both doing pretty well for themselves."

I would've told Dolph and Sasha about Ashley and I expecting our second child, but I wanted to keep this a secret for the next few months until I could break the news to them with her next to me. 

"Alright, Roman." Sasha said, picking up her duffel bag and putting it in the back of Ziggler's car. "We have to head to the hotel for the night. We'll talk to you soon, yeah?"

"Gotcha." I chuckled. "Hey, I have a question."

"What's up?" Dolph said.

"Are you and Sasha dating?" I asked.

"No!" They laughed, "We're just travel buddies."

"Alright, alright. I'll see you guys next week." I laughed.

They drove away and I walked over to my car and made my way back to the house for the next six hours. When I was driving, I received a call from Ambrose and from the tone of his voice, he sounded uneasy. 

"Ambrose, what's up?"

"Well, Rome, I had the news on as a background noise while I was catering to Renee and it turns out that Seth is around your area in a rampage."

"Really? Sasha and Dolph were literally just telling me about that bastard and how he broke out of prison. I'll have to inform Ashley and my son as soon as possible. Thanks for telling me, Ambrose." 

"No problem. But we have to do something and fast because he is out for blood after what we've done to him. I'm more worried for you and your family because he has always been after Ashley ever since she first met us."

"I might end up going to jail if he were to cross paths with me again. I'm not going to allow him to hurt my family and with Ashley being pregnant, she doesn't need this stress on her." 

"Calm down, Rome. He doesn't have the balls to do anything to you and your family."

"I don't know that for certain, Ambrose."

I sat there in silence for a few seconds while driving into the next lane that was empty.

"I'm going to get off the phone and call my wife after I pull over."

"Alright buddy. Take care of yourself and your family."

I hung up the phone and pulled over my car to call up my wife.

"Babe? Is everything alright?"

"No, not really." I huffed.

"What's going on?"

"It's a long story but after SmackDown, I ran into Sasha and Dolph and they both said that they heard of Seth breaking out of prison and they're worried for us and then Ambrose and Renee seen on the news that Seth is on a rampage in Pensacola and he's after the both of us after what we've done to him about a year ago. I'll be home in a few hours, Ash."

"Okay, I'll do everything it takes to protect Loto and the baby."

She hung up the phone and I quickly made my way back to Pensacola for the next few days. I'm worried about him coming around my house and trying to cause harm to all of us. But I know that the cameras and Duke will help with keeping him out of the house."

Making my way back to Pensacola about a couple of hours later, I parked my car into the driveway and I quickly got inside the house and locked the door. I walked in and seen my wife sitting on the couch with Loto's face buried into her shoulder in freight.

"Hey, I'm here now. It's going to be okay."

"Daddy, I'm scared."

I hated seeing my wife and son living in fear because of that bastard roaming around Pensacola. 

It was in the middle of the night when Loto woke up and needed to use the bathroom. He walked downstairs and suddenly, he heard a slight movement from outside the living room window that sounded like a tree branch scratching up against it. 

Curiosity struck as Loto opened the door and went to investigate around the area in front of the door. Being a child, he didn't think about not going outside in the dark all alone.

"Hello?" 

There was nothing but pure silence.

"Doggy?" 

Loto assumed that Duke was lying outside and inside of his doghouse, watching for anyone who tried to intrude the house. Unfortunately, he was inside the house for the night and was peacefully asleep near the master bedroom. 

It was until then, Loto heard a branch beginning to snap from afar and his body began to tremble immediately.

"Hello? Is anybody th-there?" He stuttered.

He quickly turned his back to enter the house until he felt something grabbing him from behind with a hand covering his mouth to prevent him from screaming for help to alert everyone. Loto was terrified and tried all his might to scream but all he could do was mumble. 

"You little bastard. You're coming with me!"

"Mommy! Daddy!" Loto mumbled.

A mysterious man ran with him until he tossed him into the back of his car with his hands tied behind his back. While Loto was defenseless, the man began to write a note with an address attached to it and then taped it to the side of the window. 

"If you want to see your son again, meet me here at this abandoned house in Pensacola. Ta-Ta." 

"Help me!" He cried.

"Shut up! Mommy and daddy aren't here to save you now, are they?"

Loto began to scream and cry in the car until the mysterious man slammed on the breaks after driving away from the house. 

"Shut up, you little brat!"

"I want my mommy and daddy! Take me home!"

Loto struggled to tear off the rope and the man stopped the car at the side of the road. He found a huge roll of duct tape in the compartment area and put some tape onto Loto's mouth so all he could do is mumble.

"That'll shut you up, stupid kid."

The mysterious man continued to start up the car and drove off to an unknown area. 

When morning approached, the sun beam started to shine in my eyes whilst waking me up from my slumber. I turned around to seeing my wife sleeping peacefully and when I went to make some breakfast, I seen Duke laying on the floor and asleep. I went to my sons bedroom to wake him up for the morning. But when I opened the door, his blanket was just lying on the ground. I called out for my son in hopes for a response. Nothing.

"Loto?"

I walked around the bedroom and into his closet but there was no sign of my son. I began to panic and ran downstairs to inform Ashley. 

"Honey? Honey! Wake up!" I shouted while shaking her shoulder.

"What is it?" 

"Loto's missing."

"Missing?" She said with a frantic tone. 

"We need to go and check our security cameras right now."

Ashley and I went into the office room where the monitors were sat up around the house. I had security cameras everywhere from the outside of our home to the inside. The time was 3:57 in the morning and from the camera view, we could see our son standing at the door and glancing around the backyard. We realized that he was looking towards the doghouse but Duke was asleep in front of our bedroom door. 

Shortly after, we saw him turning his back to open the door until we saw a tall person grabbing him up from behind with his hand over his mouth. Why did this person look awfully familiar? He had a black hoodie on with a black ski mask covering his face. But I realized that I could see some black strands coming out from the mask. 

No, it can't be! 

"Our son has been kidnapped...Our son!" Ashley panicked.

"Baby, we're going to get our son back. I'm taking Duke with me and I'm tracking this bastard down. Call Sasha and Dolph and tell them to stay here with you. I'm going with Duke to find that piece of shit."

I walked around the backyard to find some evidence of my sons whereabouts and realized that he taped a note onto the window. I started to read the note and realized that he was taking my son to an abandoned house around Pensacola with the address he wrote on it. I've heard a lot of stories that this abandoned house was haunted and quite eerie. That place always sent chills down my spine from all of the stories that I would hear about it.

I quickly ran up to Loto's bedroom and picked up a random shirt of his so Duke could get his scent. Upon returning, I leashed Duke and we made it into the car and drove to the haunted house that he wrote the address to where he had taken my son. It took us a few minutes and I didn't care where I parked my car. I walked around frantically for my son with Duke at my side and it was shocking that nobody was here today. 

"Loto? Loto!" I called out for my son.

Duke smelled around the abandoned house and I followed him to the scent that led up to my son all alone and crying with tape around his mouth. I approached him and kneeled down to pulling the tape off of his mouth and cutting the rope off with one of my pocket knifes, bringing him into my arms. 

"Son, are you alright? I was so worried about you!"

"I'm scared, Daddy." He sniffled, "I wanna go home." 

"We're going home, Loto. I'm so sorry that this happened to you."

Duke walked up to Loto and nudged him that everything was going to be okay. After I picked up my son from the ground, I heard Duke beginning to growl as we heard someone approaching the three of us.

"Haha, look who it is! Long time, no see, Roman."

"Why the fuck did you kidnap my son?" I asked.

He laughed.

"Your stupid son was in my way. But then again, I had to make my message very crystal clear that I'm out for revenge after what you two have done to me!"

"My son isn't stupid and you deserve to rot in prison!"

Seth walked towards me and slammed me against the wall. Duke started growling when he realized that Seth was nothing but a threat to my son and I. He looked over to seeing my dog attempting to charge at him and started barking nonstop. 

"What this? Roman's got a little mutt that thinks it can hurt little old me, huh? That's funny!"