VinCha ~ In The End

Start from the beginning

Vincenzo smiled faintly. From the start he had planned to defend himself and not use another lawyer. But having a lawyer isn't bad either, it will definitely help him more in court later.

"I'm not being kind, you know," claimed Gustavo, "your wife paid for me."

"Hasn't she returned to Korea yet?"

"You think she'll obey you?"

No, Vincenzo had already guessed it.

"From the first time I met her, I could already see the stubbornness of your wife."

"Indeed." Vincenzo missed her, her stubbornness, her spoiledness, and her kindness.

"Anyway," Gustavo began to open the case file, "for your cases during your time as consigliere, we can make an excuse that all of your actions were at the behest of Fabio and Paolo."

Vincenzo nodded in agreement. He has also stated the same thing during interrogation.

"Then for the murder case of these two Koreans, you can't deny it because your fingerprints and DNA were detected at the crime scene and their corpses. We will try to apply for leniency based on the motive for the murder. From what I heard from Mrs Cassano, you killed them because of your mother and your father-in-law was killed by them first, and they also injured your wife."

"Can we not include my wife's name? I don't want her to be called as a witness in court. I'm afraid she will also get punished for being involved in hiding me while I'm still fugitive."

"Okay," Gustavo crossed out Hong Cha Young's name he just wrote.

"Lastly, Luciano. Hm..." Gustavo rubbed his bearded chin, "no concrete evidence was found, no body. The allegation points to you because your families are at war. Are you sure you will dodge the charges in this case? Are you sure you're not leaving any traces they can find?"

"Yes."

Gustavo leaned forward, "how did you get rid of them?"

Vincenzo also leaned forward and whispered, "secret."

"Hey, I'm your lawyer! I have to know everything to be able to defend you!"

"Can I trust you?"

"You know, Vincenzo, the relationship between the defendant and the defense would not exist without trust between the two."

Vincenzo told Gustavo to get closer, "I cremated them and threw their ashes into the sea."

Gustavo suppressed his laughter, "how dare you throw waste into the sea. Oh, poor fish."

"So how long do you think I'll be in prison for?"

"In all cases... maybe... 50 years?"

"So I already have grandchildren when I go out?"

"That is if your child is not sterile."

"Cazzo di merda!" Vincenzo growled while glaring furiuously.
(F*cking sh*t!)

Gustavo just shrugged nonchalantly. He really is that annoying.

Gustavo cleared his files, "I'll do my best."

~~~