He pushed my head under his chin and rested it on my head as he rubbed my back.

"I know, love. Let it all out," he soothed as I shook with emotion.

"Why didn't he tell me? I waited for him to tell me, Vincent."

He watched me as I spoke, wiping away the stray tear that fell and I let out a wet laugh, hiding my face in his chest as his chest rumbled with amusement.

I only now realised that it was raining and we were standing in the middle of the road.

Talk about cliché.

"Imagine we get hit by a car" i joke, trying to ease the thick tension.

I hate showing emotion.

His chest rumbles and I laugh along with him, my tears now dried up.

I pull away from him and look behind him just as footsteps echo into the night.

My brother stands there, his hair messy and his eyes red.

He stares at me silently, before he walks towards me.

I take a step back, my anger rising as he frowns.

He doesn't expect me to have a fucking family reunion now?

"I'm sor-" I cut him off and look towards Vincent, tugging his hand.

"Can you please give me some time alone at home with my mother" I whisper to him and he nods instantly.

"Yeah take all the time you need" he replies.

I nod and he walks towards Ryder. I avoid his gaze as Vincent drags him away from me.

I feel his stare as I walk back inside, soaking from the rain and sniffling from crying.

I make it back to my room and walk in hesitantly. I see my mother sitting on the couch, her shoulders shaking as she cries.

"Mama?" I question softly and her head snaps to mine.

She wipes her tears quickly, getting up and walking towards me.

"My child, I'm so sorry" she cries and pulls me into a hug.

My arms close around her as I hold her tightly, while she cries.

After a few minutes, her quiet sniffles fills the room and she pulls away, gesturing towards the couch for me to sit.

I listen and sit down, she sitting next to me.

"I think I should tell you the truth" she mumbles and avoids my gaze.

The truth that you're a stripper? Shut up.

"About what?" I ask and start fiddling with my wet hair.

"About how your brother really disappeared from our lives" she says after a tense silence.

I stare at her in shock, not knowing what to say. She takes my silence as a sign to move on.

"You know Lucas wasn't your real father. I married him when you were 2 and Alex was 6" she starts off and my heart drops.

"Lucas never wanted children but he accepted you guys because he loved me. That's what I thought until he kicked Alex out at the age of 10" she carries on and my heart is second away from breaking.

"He thought he was too much trouble, always wasting our money or getting into trouble at school but he was still there for you. He was at home to keep you company when me and Lucas worked till late. He was there to pick you up from school when me and Lucas couldn't make it. He was there for your school plays, when me and Lucas were out on dates...." she trails off.