fourty.

With a gun in my hand pointing at my father, I spare a small glance at Vince

My heart breaks at the sight of him so vulnerable.

I knew I could of told him the truth but that would put my mother at risk.

I had my father breathing down my neck at all times. Always watching me. Having a mic hidden with me.

My choices were limited.

My father looks at me and laughs.

"Is this this not funny. She came to save you." he teases and looks between me and Vince.

"Get away from him!" I scream, moving closer to my father still pointing my gun at him.

He looks amused and raises his brows at me.

"You have honestly got to pick a side. You can not be working for me and then him." he rolls his eyes and I glare, my fist clenching around my shirt.

"Work for you?," I scoff, "I was forced to work for you! You took my only family to get to me!"

I let out a cry as my body pains so painfully, dry blood all over me.

My father smiles but there is no humour in it.

"I am a Mafia leader. I have no heart. Did you really expect me to love you?" he laughs and I take a step back in surprise.

"What?" my heart breaks.

"I did not love you. Why do you think I left you?" he questions, gripping Vincent's hair so hard that he winces.

"Let him go!" I scream again, my finger moving closer to the trigger.

"Why should I?" he pouts and my body is so close to passing out from blood loss.

I hear footsteps behind me and then they stop.

I turn around quickly, catching glimpse of Ryder who entered.

His weapon falls to the floor as he looks at the scene in front of him.

"What the fuck." he curses, staring longly at my father.

I guess I got my mama's genes because that motherfucker is ugly.

"Father?" Ryder stammers and I frown.

"Declan, son." my father grins and I grow aggravated at the word 'son'

"He is not your son." I grit out, my voice strained.

Ryder finally looks at me but he turns quickly as if I have burned him.

But I am Elsa.

He picks up his knife that he dropped, his expression going back to emotionless.

"I thought you died." Ryder mocks, moving slowly closer almost unnoticeably.

My father, Axel, shrugs pressing his gun to Vincent's temple.