44

My mom nodded and added, "It is a yes and maybe it is time for you to give love another chance. You are still young and I want my daughter to be happy and in love again." Tears rolled down my cheeks. I wiped it down and replied to my mom's statement, "Don't worry, mom. I am happy now and will be happier in future. I will give love another chance and be in love when the time is right." I hugged her one more time and went upstairs.

The truth is, my mom's word really made me shocked and hurt because it is true. It must have been painful for my mom to see that her daughter is not being herself for the past years. Screw Aaron!

I smiled in joy as I recalled my mom's words. She finally gave in to the request I had always been yearning for my entire life. Freedom. I finally achieved a sense of freedom in my life. Being the only daughter in the family can be a little bit complicated and made us feel vulnerable. Strict rules, curfews and overprotective parents might affect the daughter's emotional mental health. I am glad that my mom finally realised what is best for me. I smiled brightly and said, "Let's packed my things and searched for a share house immediately!" I looked through so many websites for a suitable share house in terms of price and the location from my new workplace.

After an hour of searching for suitable houses, I finally found the right one. I immediately sent a message to the landlord, Mrs. Hellen and set up a date for a viewing the house and possibly signing contracts. Ping! One new notification. I looked at the message and read, "Hello. I will be free tomorrow at 10 o'clock." I replied instantly, "Thank you for your time. I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled, feeling blessed and cannot wait for tomorrow. "I hope and want to explore more interesting journey in life and meet new people.

Hopefully all the housemates are nice just like Nancy, Emily and Felicia. I missed them." I said to myself, feeling hopeful.

The next morning, I woke up at 8 o'clock and got ready. I looked at all the clothes in my wardrobe and picked a suitable outfit, "How about brown shirt and blue jeans for today?" I said. I grabbed a quick breakfast and headed to the share house. I arrived there for about 1 hour and a half. I parked in front of the share house. It was such a beautiful house. I rang the doorbell and a middle-aged woman greeted me. "Good Morning. I am the landlord, Helen Kelly. Nice to meet you, Alice. Come on in and view the house."

I walked into the house and looked around the surroundings. There were 3 young women standing at the corner of the living room, smiling politely at me. I smiled back at them, continuing to walk to the kitchen. A few minutes later, I sat down at the living room with the 3 potentially might be my housemates and Mrs. Helen.

Mrs. Helen cleared her throat and asked me, "So, do you like this house? As I already mentioned all the terms and agreements of the rent and rules that needed to be followed, here is the form. You may take your time to make a decision." I nodded in agreement, replying, "Okay, thank you, Mrs. Helen. This place is so beautiful and neat." Mrs. Helen added, "Oh and these are also my other tenants, Sarah, Abigail and Britney. All of them work at the Times Company."

"Times Company? I work there too! I mean I will be starting to work there in 2 weeks. Mrs. Helen, I think I will sign this form and be your tenant." I grinned widely.

Mrs. Helen laughed and said, "Well then. All is settled. I hope you enjoy staying at this share house. The three of them are really nice." I nodded. Mrs. Helen left and I had a bit of chit chat session with my new housemates, Sarah, Abigail and Britney.

An hour later, I bid goodbye and telling them, "Okay, girls. I will be back by tomorrow. I'm just going to pack up my stuffs." The three of them nodded in unison and bid good bye. They are nice and friendly. I smiled, headed to the nearest convenience store to buy a few groceries and maybe a few decorative items to make my room look pretty and neat. I turned on the radio and sang along with the songs that were on the radio. 15 minutes later, I arrived and parked the car at the carpark. I walked in the store and searched for the stuffs that I needed.