29

It was 1st of September which was already 2 months passed after our break up. I was doing better than I expected. I began to spend more time on improving myself and I can say that it's actually nice to wander aimlessly every once in a while. By doing that, I was able to be calm and managed to find my purpose in life. I kept myself busy so that I would not think about him.

I smiled as I remembered Aaron once gave me an important piece of advice, "Life is not only needed to be focus on love. There are a lot of things to achieve in life." I learnt a lot of things and exploring a lot of other opportunities. From time to time, it'd be wonderful to sail a ship without looking at the map. It'd be wonderful to enjoy the journey of life without the negativity of life.

The number of cases in my area were decreasing from time to time which is a good sign. All of economy sectors were reopening and people are going back to work while incorporating the new normal in their life. I had been going out every once in a while, to get fresh air and my mind of things. By things, I mean Aaron. Well, you know what I mean.

To be honest, I still experienced roller coaster ride of emotions which sometime I feel like having a mental breakdown and the other time, I would feel fine as if nothing ever happened to me. Well, that's the process of healing. There are times when you feel like you already moved on from the incident that hurt you. However, there are also times when you just feel like curling up like a ball and crying due to that incident. That's pretty normal. I'm just getting used to it. Getting used to my life routine without Aaron.

I had a few classes that needed to be done face to face. The classes involve practical and also experimental classes. I usually attend the class for at least 2 to 3 times per week. It was Monday, which means I had to go to Experimental classes. I groaned, getting ready to class. I drove my dad's car to the university for about 40 minutes.

I wore my masks and walked to the lecture hall. There were about 25 students in the hall including me. There were about 3 sessions of the class. Mine was the second session along with my friends, Kathy, Jeremy and Mila. I sat near Kathy meanwhile Jeremy sat near Tom. Mila cannot come to the class today due to her personal issues. I was not sure what the issue was since she didn't tell me. There were only two seats available per table. I sat and waved at Kathy and Jeremy who sat behind us.

"Hey, Alice. How was your quarantine experience?" She asked.

I nodded and said, "It was good and I actually learn a lot of new skills throughout 6 months staying at home. How have you been?"

We talked a lot about the activities we did and also how we dealt with the online classes along with tons of assignments to do. Kathy and Jeremy knew about my break up with Aaron. I told them all about it and asked them for emotional support. I could tell that they tried to be careful on their words to make sure that they didn't mention about Aaron. I felt sorry and told them that I am fine with them being friends with Aaron. After all, Jeremy and Aaron were good friends.

Iwas relief and thankful to have such good friends in my life. Surround yourselfwith people who are like-minded with you. They will appreciate and understandyou as much as you would them. Johnnyand Jenny also helped me overcome my days of sorrow and in darkness due to mylonging memories of my first relationship with my first love. My high schoolbest friends, Wendy and Linda were there to give me emotional support andadvices. 

Even though both of them were far away from me, I could still feel our bond and they are important in my life. I smiled, feeling thankful for everything I received from the people around me.

The professor came and we listened to the lecture for 2 hours. It was alright. I was about to head out of the lecture hall and I heard someone called my name. I turned around and saw Alison coming towards me. I waved at her and asked, "Oh hi there, Alison! Why did you call me?" Alison nodded and greeted me back, "Hey there, Alice. How's it going?"

Alison then handed me a form and pamphlet about our course club, Psychology Club. She smiled and said, "You know our club needs a lot more members. I believe top students like you can join and maybe become the committee as well. It'll be great and we are going to hold a lot of events and activities. It's a great way to explore ourselves and also have fun at the same time. Just fill in the form if you are interested, Alice. No pressure. Hahaha."

I laughed, nodding to what she said, and replied, "Yes, it is such a good idea. I'll have a think about it and will let you know once I made up my mind. When's this application due anyway?"

"Oh, this one is due next month. It's alright take your time to figure it out. It'll be fun if you join us. I think we can be really good friends since we even share the same taste of Korean dramas and other shows." She laughed.

I laughed and both of us bid goodbye. I glanced at the form Alison gave me. "Psychology club, huh? Seems interesting. Maybe this is what I need to distract myself from thinking of Aaron and becoming a better me." I said to myself. I smiled, heading my way to my car. As I was about to start my car, I heard a notification ringing from my phone. Ping! One message from Jenny. I looked and said to myself, "Jenny? I wonder why is she messaging me." I read her message, "Alice! Where are you?" I replied back, "At uni. About to head home soon. Why?"

Ping! A few seconds later, Jenny replied, "Stay where you are. Just tell me the exact location of where you currently are right now" I furrowed my eyebrows, placing a confused look on my face, replied, "Um... I'm at Lecture Hall 2. What's going on here, Jenny?" Jenny then replied, "Just give us 10 minutes. Wait for us okay."

"Us? Does she mean her and Johnny? I wonder what on earth they are up to now." I sighed heavily, looking at the window while waiting for them.

10 minutes later, I saw a blue sedan car coming towards my car and it parked beside it. "Oh, that was Johnny's car. They're here." I said. I opened the door and went toward them.

"Okay, so what is it you two?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

Jenny and Johnny looked at each other. They then turned towards me and Johnny said, "Alice, let's go to the Korean barbecue restaurant you told us about. Come on, I'm hungry. Lead us the way, boss." I rolled my eyes and said, "Is that why both of you asked me to wait for you guys? So that I can show you where this Korean barbecue restaurant is. Unbelievable you two. I thought I already told you guys about that or maybe you guys could've just text me and ask for the location. But, it's alright. I'm starving too." Jenny laughed seeing how both Johnny and I are always kind of similar to each other. It's a childhood best friend thing, I guess.

I went into my car and lead the way to the Korean barbecue restaurant. It was a quick drive which was about 30 minutes' drive from our university. I parked my car and I was about to head towards the restaurant without waiting for Johnny and Jenny. All of a sudden, Jenny tapped my shoulder and handed me a blindfold. I looked at the blindfold, eyeing at her and Johnny, "What's it for? Are you guys up to something?" Jenny just shook her head and put the blindfold for me without even telling me anything. Johnny and Jenny hold my hand, telling me the direction and steps to get into the restaurant.