13

It was the end of 2019 and one more hours until New Year's Eve. I was just sitting in the living room while watching the news with my family. A typical night in just stay at home with my family. My family pretty much don't like going out and practically everyone in my family are homebodies. Well, I was forced to be one. It was alright. I will have my freedom one day.

I was just looking at my phone, scrolling through feeds of my Instagram. So many people were going out and maybe be there for countdown for the New Year's Eve celebration. I wondered how it feel like watching the fireworks up close. Linda and Wendy were going to watch the fireworks tonight. How lucky. It had been a while since I hung out with them. Long distance friendship is suck. Maybe I should give them a call them tomorrow, just to have a chat on fireworks.

Time stated at 11.50pm. 'Hmmm. Maybe I should find a few Happy New Year's picture just to wish and put in in my WhatsApp status.' I said to myself. I began to search for some pretty pictures of 2020 Happy New Year's wish. I always do that every year. It's kind of a motivation and resolution for me. I always put my wish and New Year's resolution on the first day of the year.

A few minutes later, I finally found the right picture to post. I smiled and said, 'Ha. I found it.' I looked at the clock and it stated at 11.55 o'clock at night. I began to write my wish and will wait until 12.00am.

I began typing, thinking the suitable words to use for this wish. I read my sentence, 'Happy New Year. I wish all of us find happiness, love and success this year, 2020.' I added, 'Well seems alright to me.' And clicked the button to post in it my status.

A few seconds later, my phone rang. I quickly looked at it and it was an incoming video call from Aaron. I answered it immediately.

"Hello baby." I smiled.

"Hi baby girl. Happy New Year! This year is going to be our year. Let's create a lot of beautiful memories together." He smiled. I smiled widely as I heard his words and replied, 'Aww that's cute. Happy New Year, baby. Yes, let's make cute memories together. I love you.' He chuckled and said, 'I love you more. Can't believe we are getting old, are we?' I pouted, not wanting to get older, 'No. I'm still young. I'm only 21.'

I could hear him laughed loudly before replying to me, 'Yes, you are still my baby. My cutie pie.'

And we talked about our day and our resolution for this year.

I mentioned that both my best friends went to see the fireworks today. I pouted, feeling sad and said, 'Oh, can we go and see the fireworks next year? I really want to see it.' Aaron nodded in agreement, smiling and said, 'Yes, sure we really should go and see the fireworks during the New Year's countdown. Anything for you, my darling.'

"I just feel like it would be really romantic and we can stargazing too. You know how I really like the stars." I sighed dreamily. Aaron chuckled at my cute reaction, 'How cute.' He then added, 'Baby, I talk about you a lot when I have a family dinner. My parents really likes you and they want to meet you. Maybe we can meet and have a talk about our engagement date or something?'

My heart skipped a beat hearing his words. I smiled in joy and replied, 'Wow. That's amazing. I will ask my parents for permission and hopefully, I can meet you and your parents. It's really cute how you think thoroughly of our future.' He smiled back at me and said, 'It's because I love you and need you in my life.' I grinned from ear to ear, replying, 'I love you more than anything.'

"So baby, what's your resolution for this year?"

"I want to get a suitable part time job so that I can save up money for our future wedding." I smiled.

"Yes, I really do hope my baby girl gets a job. I'm happy looking at you smiling so brightly." He cooed.