36

I looked at Johnny and then at Mila. I said, "Well, now it is time for both of you to settle and make up." Both of them looked shocked. I raised an eyebrow and said, 'What's wrong?' Johnny protested and shouted, "I don't want to trust her. What if she does the same thing to you again?" Mila reacted angry and shouted, "I already said that I won't do it again. God, why on earth you make this situation become so complex and difficult!"

They started bickering for a few minutes. I sighed heavily and knocked the table to get their attention. I took a dee breath and said calmly, "Guys, please stop it. Fighting won't make our situation better. If you guys fight, then our situation will remain the same. Aren't you sick of this? I am. I am already tired of my life." Tears felt down and I sobbed quietly.

The truth is, I didn't cry because of them fighting. I cried because it reminded me of Aaron and how the sister's perspective towards me still affecting me. I knew I should clear the misunderstandings from the beginning but what's the point if they don't give me another chance, right? After all, I should not waste my time and heart for the people who are committed to misunderstand me.

Johnny looked at me, feeling panic and said, "Hey, stop crying, Alice. Alice, look here. I will be nice and try to forgive her in future. Just stop crying."

I looked up at him, and smiled. He continued his sentence, "Are you really crying because of this? Or was it because of him? I know you more than you think you do, Alice." I burst in tears and nodded. Mila then hugged me and comfort me, "It is okay to let it all out today, Alice. I'm here to comfort you. Johnny is here too. All of our friends will always be here for you as well.' Johnny gave me an advice, "Stop thinking about him, Alice. Just stop torturing yourself from remembering all those past memories of him." I took a glance at both Mila and Johnny, and said, "Thank you, guys. I know I am being so dumb for the past few months and I am sorry for troubling you guys."

Johnny smiled and replied, "No worries. Besides, I am your first best friend. It is my role to support you from thick and thin. Best friends forever, right?" I smiled widely and nodded.

Mila tapped my shoulder and I turned to look at her. She cleared her throat, smiled before she said, "Alice, I know I had been such a bad friend to you before. However, now I want to be a good friend and will always be there for you. I hope we can be best friends just like we used to do."

I nodded in agreement. We had a chat on our life updates for almost an hour. They bought cakes and sweet drinks to cheer me up. My friends know me so well, do they? I will always be grateful to have friends like them in my life.

Ever since our deep talk with each other, our friendship became stronger day by day. I would hung out with all of my friends, Johnny, Jenny, Kathy, Jeremy and Mila. Sometimes I would also had lunch with my club members, Alison, Veronica, Nicole and also Denise. All of them were so nice and talkative. Alison, Veronica and Nicole are a year older than me. I am the youngest in the group. Denise is 3 years older than me. She is like a big sister to me. I would always tease her and annoy her the most.

So far, my daily routine with my friends and also club members made me busy. It is a good thing as I had no time to think about Aaron often. I still think about him sometimes but not as often as I used to. I believe that I can slowly made progress on moving on from my first break up. It takes time but I'll get there.

Fast forward and it was already November. Time flies so fast, right? Everything seemed to be alright and I was slowly getting used to my daily life routine. I had a good management of my time. There will always be an hour for watching dramas. It is a must from me. How funny, right?

It was Friday night and I was preparing myself to binge watching a few episodes of American series on Netflix. My kind of life. I am living such a peaceful life. I was about to start watching and I heard my phone ringing. Ring! I paused the video and went to pick up my phone. "Oh, it was Johnny. I wonder why he is calling me." I mumbled to myself.