18

I know I've been real shitty at updating but I promise I'm gonna update more. So expect some new chapters rolling in. 

Third person

After hours of catching up in the empty house, Amelia started to realize they haven't mentioned Levi once in the conversation. She finally brings him up "So had Levi found anyone?" she ask "you can be honest with me, I promise I'll take it lightly." That was a total lie of course she wouldn't take it lightly I mean who would?
Finding out the love of their life has moved on from them.

Karl and Ryland just look at her as if they wanted to say something but couldn't. She thought of the worst, that he did find someone and he's fallen out of love with her and is ration a totally hottie that is body goals and Amelia has probably fantasized about being when she was younger.

"Of course not are you ki-" Ethan start but suddenly stop as he jolts, Ryland elbowed Ethan to make him shut up.

"Guys I'll be fine if he did there's no need for you to be all protective of me I swear. What's her name?" she says leaning in, she looks at them as they try and avoid eye contact with her. Until she caught Karl's eye which had an unreadable look. Then it clicks, her eyes go wide at the realization.

"Oh my god.... is it a guy?" Ethan and Ryland eyes shot up to hers with a shocked look "Oh my god it is, isn't it. I mean... I'm shocked but like I support." She wasn't lying, of course she'd support him because he can live whoever but she shocked to say the least.

They stay silent. "Listen Amelia." Ryland starts but is cut off with the front door opening followed by a familiar voice yelling "HONEY I'M HOME" all of their heads snap towards the entrance it's Mary and her son Maxwell following behind her.

Mary doesn't spot them just yet but Maxwell does and the first thing he does is yell "Auntie Amelia is home!" Mary freezes and slowly turns towards the kitchen as Maxwell rushes towards Amelia and hugs her legs which is as far as he can reach since she's sitting on a chair. 

Mary's vision goes blurry as she walks over to Amelia, Amelia stands up as Mary brings her shaking hands up to her face and cups her cheeks. "Amelia?" she says in barely a whisper.

"Hi Mary." She responds as she places her hand over Mary's, Mary finally lets the tears fall as she read her forehead against Amelia. "I thought I'd never see you again." She embraces her in a tight hug and Amelia doesn't hesitate for a second to hug her back. She finally got to see her best friend again.

"I'm so sorry Amelia, if only I was more careful and stronger then this would've never happened. You would've been with us." Mary says sobbing.

Amelia felt her chest tighten as she realized her best friend blamed herself the entire time. "It's not your fault Mary, it's non of our faults. Get that through your head."

They hug for a few more seconds, Amelia returns to her seat as Mary goes upstairs ready to shower Maxwell. "Will you guys really not tell me?" Amelia says, she wasn't giving up without a fight she needed to know. It would bring her, closure.

"Listen we can't tell you anything unless we know ourselves. I don't want to give you false hope." Karl says standing up, what did he mean by that? she thought to herself.