TwEnTy-EiGhT

Tisha's POV

Hardly had we settled down in the FBI van with paramedics attending to our wounds, when the loud boom of something exploding got to us. Against all efforts by the female paramedics to hold me down, I jumped out of the van.

The sight that greeted me sent cold shivers down my spine.

Ashes.
The building was in ashes.
There was no way anyone could ever survive such blast.
My baby.
My best friend.
Her fiancé.

My legs buckled under me and I gave in to the pull of gravity as I eventually fell unconscious.
Someone caught me before I could reach the ground but my eyelids and brain had already shut down.

....
Aqsa's POV

I kept pacing the waiting room of the hospital, Aneesah in my arms.
The doctors had been in the emergency room for over seven hours with no sign of coming out soon.

I had prayed.
I had cried.
I had punched walls.

Did everything I could to stay sane but the hollow feeling in me wouldn't go away so I eventually had to go grab Aneesah from her grandfather's arms and started to cradle her.

I felt a little peace with her in my arms.
She seemed to understand the severity of the moment as she hasn't made more than a squeak ever since Iman and I got out of the building before it exploded seconds after.

Our devil's incarnate of an aunt would have been on her way to hell by now.
Iman and I were able to overpower her eventually.

He had suggested that we took her and the INET out with us but I had a better idea.
Fishing out my other gun, I aimed it at the device.
It had caused more than enough harm in our lives.

"Forgive me Tish but this is for your good",I whispered as I blasted the INET into pieces.

Iman wrestled Aneesah from her back.

I turned to her.
We had handcuffed her first chance we got.
She had blood smeared all over her face.

My blood.
I guessed my nose was broken beyond repair as she had hit her head over my nose more times than I could count during the fight.
Iman's right leg was starting to create a pool of blood. She had shot him in the leg moments before her gun ran out of bullets.

Iman was typing furiously on the laptop.
He was trying to redirect the already saved data of the INET on the cloud to self erase before it could spread.

Raising my gun to her forehead I said to her,"How do you want to die dear aunt? There are three levels. I choke you to death with my bare hands for all the lives you've tampered with. Or I slam your head against the floor repeatedly till your devious brain melts out. OR I just shoot you in three different places. Your head, hands and legs."

She spat into my face instead as she glared at me with pure raw hatred.

I cleaned it with my sleeves,"Fine then. You don't want any of those. I've got one more option for you."

Slamming the butt of my gun against her head, I dragged her unconscious body to a window frame.

Releasing one of her hands from the cuffs, I clamped the free side of the handcuff to the window frame.

She would burn with the building.
"Say hello to the afterlife for me",I seethed.

"Iman c'mon let's go!",I ran over to him and took Aneesah out of his arms.

"Ju--st a se--con--d",he stretched.

"Done!"

He pulled out his own gun and destroyed the entire laptop.