Cleo- "that's just Cleo"

Description: you're the sibling to John B and you first encounter Cleo, but she recognises the necklace around your neck.
Warnings: swearing, threats
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••"They've been too long" I stopped turning to face Kie and JJ both sat on boxes within the heated container

"They've been too long" I stopped turning to face Kie and JJ both sat on boxes within the heated container.
"It's only been five minutes" Kie wiped the sweat from her forehead. I shook my head starting to pace within the container.
"yeah, y/n give them some more time" JJ sat up from his slumped position, his blonde hair sticking to his forehead.
"Five minutes is enough time" I quickly turned back to the pair. "How would you feel if it was your sibling?" I retorted, JJ and Kie shared a look. My face growing hot from the heat in the container and the building of my frustration.
"They'll be fine" Kie tried to assure me. I let out a huff as I started to play with the matching necklace John B and I had, I started pacing again, the necklace a contrast to the heat of my hand. I started walking the tiny length of the container available, it felt like forever.
"Screw this" I let go of the necklace making my way towards the only exit we found.
"What are you doing?" JJ stood up making his way over to me. I was stood on the box starting to pull the cover off.
"What does it look like?" I sassed pulling the cover off and placing it to the side.
"y/n you can't do that?" Kie started to make her way over to us.
"I can. Look I'm going to look for them and there is nothing you can do to stop me" I declared staring down at my two friends.
"well, there is way's we could..." I glared at JJ who quickly got the point and stopped talking. I waited a few seconds expecting Kie to protest but she knew there was nothing she could stop me from going, to make sure my brother was okay. I just nodded before starting to climb out of the small space.

This place is huge. I stopped looking at the different ways I could go. So far I had been able to avoid everyone. Fuck, I can't just keep standing here. I took a deep breath turning right hoping this was the right way. It was impossible it all looked the same. I could feel the hope I had of finding John B disappearing. After another few minutes of walking I spotted a wooden door that seemed to lead back outside, I picked up my pace but was stopped in my tracks by the sound of a group of voices.
"Yo man gotta hit the head. I might be a while" A voice grew closer. Fuck. Fuck. I quickly glanced around the area. Nowhere, if I went to the exit the person would see me. I started walking backwards looking for a way to go. I tried two doors before I reached a metal door painted white, the paint slowly peeling off. I shoved the door, the footsteps getting closer. Come on. I put more strength behind my push. The door finally opened.

I stepped into the room quietly shutting the metal door, I turned to look at the new area. The room was lit red, if I had to take a guess it was the boiler room. I slowly walked down the metal steps. I thought the container was hot. I started to walk through the room being wary of the different machinery. The last thing I wanted was to end up hurt.
"This damn ship is too old" A voice grunted. Shit. I looked around the room for a way to go but there was only two, the way I came and the way the voice came from. I can't go back the way I came, they were crew they would know I wasn't with them. With this person, I could persuade them. I took a deep breath raising my chin trying to fake confidence, I had to act like I knew what I was doing. I then started my journey towards the voice. The voice got louder, eventually, the person came into view. There stood a girl, her hair was pulled back into a plait, a hat on her head as she stood staring at the machinery here we go, I just have to walk past her. Again I held my head up making my way closer, the girl turning her head.
"Hey. Can you pass me that wrench" The girl was was sweating and seemed tired of what she was doing. I looked from the girl to where she signalled, there sat the wrench. "It's right next to you" The girl turned to look back at the machinery. I picked the wrench up handing it to the girl.
"Here you go" I held the wrench out to the girl.
"Thanks, man. This thing, I don't know how much longer I can keep her stable" The girl confessed. I watched as she looked at the machine, I had no idea what any of it meant. I just knew that it wasn't good. "I should go talk to the captain. Can you stay here and just keep feeding this thing?" Oh shit. Think, think, think.
"I have something I need to do, upstairs. I can't do it"  I tried to make the lie believable but my voice was failing me.
"It's only going to take a minute" She tried to persuade me. I felt myself biting at the bottom of my lip.
"I'm really sorry but I can't do it" The girl turned her head to look at me, I averted my gaze to the floor.
"Wait a second" I quickly looked up, the girl now studying me. "Who are you" She inquired taking a step forward.
"I work on the ship. Just like you" I pointed to the girl trying to still be confident. The girl took more steps forwards, she was not only a few centimetres away. Her breath making my face even warmer than it was.
"What's your name?" I felt myself automatically take a step back, I swallowed hard. God, she was intimidating. My brain started to fail me and I found myself looking around the room for things that could be used as a name.
"Pipe Gray, Gray Pipe. Those on board just call me Pipe" I smiled hoping that I made it believable. I knew it wasn't believable. 
"Hmm, what are you doing down here" The girl squinted looking me up and down. She wasn't buying it, I really need to get out of here.
"Is that really any of your business?" I shot back. Just as I got the words out the girl swung the wrench I had handed her. I moved out the way just in time, I stumbled but kept myself on my feet.
"Marcias!" The girl yelled again swinging the wrench, I scrambled out the way grabbing the railing to steady myself. "I got one! I got a stowaway!" She swung again but this time I didn't dodge the wrench but instead grabbed the girls wrist.
"Hey, stop" The girl tried to free her arm. "Will you just drop it!" I pulled the girls arm down trying to get her to release the wrench.
"No!" The girl pulled a face. I huffed grabbing the girls arm being quick enough to pull it behind her back.
"I said drop it!" I held the girl's wrist against her back the wrench still tight in her grip. "Drop it!" The girl let out a frustrated scream then a huff. "Just let it go" I calmed my voice hoping to deescalate the situation.
"Okay!" The girl let go of the wrench, the sound of metal hitting against metal rang out. "Now stop it" She huffed as I kept my grip on her arm. I let the girls arm go kicking the wrench out of her grasp. The girl took a step rubbing her arm.
"You almost broke it, man" She carried on rubbing her wrist. I wanted to say I felt bad but she did try to hit me with a wrench. "That hurt. Look at it, man" The girl shook her wrist before holding it out for me to see.
"You came out me with a wrench. You really didn't give me another-" Before I could finish my sentence the girl kicked me hard in the leg sending me straight to my knee. Motherfucker.

"Macias! A stowaway! I got one!" The girl ran past me.
I took a deep breath forcing myself to stand up and follow the girl. The pain in my leg hurt but I wasn't gonna let her give us away. The girl climbed up some stairs, I wasn't far behind her.
"Somebody! We got a stowaway!" She yelled walking looking around.
"Can you just...please stop. Hey!" I wasn't far from the girl, I reached for the girl. The girl quickly turned around again swinging her arm just inches from my face. I barely made out the knife. The girl lunged and again I was able to pin her arm undermine. I couldn't believe how thankful I was for all the fights I got in, usually due to JJ and John B. I took the strength I had and pushed the girl against the wall, her arm still pinned undermine. She was quicker than me. I didn't anticipate the fact of her headbutting me. The pounding in my head growing as she moved to pin me against the wall, one arm against my neck, the other holding the knife.
"I'm done playing, man" She moved the knife again looking me up and down, her eyes stopping at my neck.
"Okay, okay" I held my hands up, her eyes still on my neck.
"Where did you get this?" She moved the knife to my neck putting it under the necklace, a protective feeling building in me.
"Leave it alone!" I tried to push myself off against the wall but she was stronger and it was no use.
"I don't think you should be making demands" She moved the knife. Her eyes meeting mine. "I suggest you start talking, start with the necklace"
"It's mine" I held the girl's eye contact not back down from her glare.
"It's yours" Her eyebrows furrowed.
"Yeah, it's mine. My brother and I have matching ones" The girl seemed intrigued but didn't say anything. "He's the reason I'm creeping around this boat. I'm looking for him and my friends. As well as his girlfriend who's being held hostage on this ship" I don't know why I spilled everything, whether it was because she had a knife to my neck or the fact she seemed intrigued and I thought I could get her on our side. "We're here to save her"
"I don't believe you" The girl brought the knife closer, my breath hitching as I looked from her to the knife. Jeez.
"Her names Sarah Cameron. Sarah Cameron, my brother's called John B" I tried to get the girl to believe me. She had to. I watched as the girls face changed pulling back. The knife no longer that close to my neck.
"Who's your brother?" She asked.
"John B" I repeated my brother's name. Her eyes went to the necklace then back to my face. The girl slowly removed the knife from my neck taking a step back. "If I find out you're lying, I kill you!" She tapped the knife against my chest. I found myself just nodding. The girl took steps back. "This way" She signalled for me to follow. I can't believe I'm doing this.

The two of us walked down the corridors careful not to bump into anyone, the silence was broken by the ringing of an alarm. We finally made our way outside. We walked around. I had so many questions but I didn't think right now was the time to ask. We turned the corner and that is when I saw two very familiar figures leaning over the railing. The relief that ran through me. I pushed my way past the girl, who I still didn't know the name of. I reached out placing my hand on the back of John B's back. The boy quickly turned, Pope following his actions.
"What are you doing here?" John B looked at me.
"You took too long, I got concerned" I answered a small smile on John B's face. "Don't worry I left JJ in the container with Kie babysitting him" I half-joked, we all agreed JJ shouldn't leave the container just yet. Silence fell over us, I become away of the girl behind me. "I also brought someone" I stepped to the side revealing the girl that not just ten minutes held a knife to my neck.
"Cheese on bread" I watch John B's face turn from curiosity to surprise.
"Cleo?"
"So it is you" Cleo looked from John B to me then back. What is going on? I stared watching the exchange. Pope doing the same.
"What the hell?" John B looked from Cleo to me then back. "what are you doing here?"
"What are you doing here? I work here. This is my boat" responded Cleo. "It got too hot in Nassau because of you and Sarah. I had to run" The more the two spoke the more I got confused.
"It's not safe out here. we gotta go" Pope spoke up interrupting the exchange between the two. "Come on" Pope moved around us leading the way back to the container.
"Who is she? What was that all about?" I stopped John B.
"I'll explain it when we get to the container. It'll be safer to talk there"
"She held a knife to my neck" I pointed towards my neck, John B let out a small chuckle. "Is that funny to you?"
"No that's just Cleo" He shrugged starting to walk away. Great.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hope you guys enjoyed
X