John B- "I'm already involved"

Requested
Description: You decide to leave home due to you stepdad and receive help by someone unexpected.
Warnings: Mentions of physical, emotional and substance abuse, Swearing.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Fuck this I thought as I packed some clothes in a bag

Fuck this I thought as I packed some clothes in a bag. I made my way over to the mirror catching my reflection in the mirror, the bruise on my left cheek becoming more obvious, that was the last straw. For the last two years, I had dealt with emotional abuse from my stepdad, it never turned physical till today, I wasn't going to stand for it. The first year I tried to talk to my mom, beg her to leave him but she was addicted to him, addicted to the stuff he gave her. I grabbed the cash I had been able to hide and keep to myself, I made my way back to the rucksack shoving the cash to the bottom of the bag. I grabbed the last few things before shoving the rucksack on my shoulder and starting to make my way out the room taking one last look at my bedroom. This room used to be filled with happy memories, me, my dad, my mom before. Now it had become the place I hide, I wanted to say it made me feel safe but it didn't. All there was between me and him was a wooden door. I took a breath closing the door. I slowly made my way down the stairs trying to be as quiet as possible, I knew my stepdad wasn't here but I still didn't want my mom to hear me leaving. I reached the final step quickly making my way to the front door.
"y/n" I had the door open an inch when I heard my moms voice. I loosened my grip on the door turning to look at her. "Where are you going?" The woman in front of me didn't resemble the woman that had raised me. Her face was thinner, she was thinner altogether, always looked tired or out of it.
"Just going to the shops" I lied trying to hide the pain of seeing her this way.
"Why are you taking your rucksack?" She took a step out of the room towards me.
"It's my friends, I'm gonna just drop it off on the way" I shrugged, she just nodded taking my answer. I watched as she turned to make her way back into the living room. She probably wouldn't even remember this conversation, I closed my eyes pushing my tears back before fully opening the front door and leaving. I was tempted to leave my keys behind but I didn't just in case I needed to get back in.

I made my way down the road pulling the hood of my hoodie up in case my stepdad came driving back down the road. I had no idea what I was doing. I had nowhere to go. I had friends and I knew that they would offer me to stay with them but I knew that would be the first place that my stepdad would look. I didn't want to put my friends in the middle of it, I didn't want to put them in any trouble. I carried on walking having no idea where I was going.

I walked around for the first hour before the wreck appeared in my sight. The wreck was a place I used to go every Friday night with my mom and dad, a family night but that all stopped after my dad passed. I would occasionally visit with my friends but it never felt the same, there was always that lingering feeling of sadness. I made my way towards the wreck pushing the door and stepping inside. The wreck was rather empty, there were a few people inside but it wasn't as busy as usual. I sat at a table in the back, placing my rucksack on the empty seat. It didn't take long before Mrs Carrera, Kiara's mom came walking over a notepad in her hand.
"Hey y/n" She greeted with a smile. I looked up from the table up at the woman. I watched as her eyes left mine towards the bruise on my cheek that I'm sure was more obvious now.
"Hey Mrs Carrera" I Knew Mrs Carrera as she was Kiara's mom but I wasn't close with Kiara or her friends. We were all more like acquaintances. We all went to the same school, we knew each other we just didn't spend much time with one another.
"Is there anything I can get you?" Mrs Carrera moved her gaze from the bruise to my eyes.
"Just a soda please" I smiled, Mrs Carrera returned the smile before walking away from the table and back towards the counter. A few seconds later Mrs Carrera returned with my drink. I said a thank you before she turned and walked away.