Rafe- "It's my first step to not caring what he thinks" (Part 3)

Description: follow on

Warnings: swearing

Rafe and I spent most of the night in the cafe just talking. Even though it had only been a couple of hours of not talking it had felt like forever. The two of us finally left the cafe going off in different directions, me back to John B's, Rafe back to the Cameron household. I made my way down the side of the house to the back porch, the sun starting to rise over the water. I couldn't wait to get inside and crash on the couch even if it was just for an hour. I made my way up the back porch steps stifling a yawn as the door opened revealing Kie, her arms crossed and head tilted to the side.
"Where have you been?" Kie started taking a step forward. "Do you know what time it is?" She took another step forward. "Look at you. You've obviously had no sleep" Kie loosely pointed her hand towards me shaking her head. "Do you remember we-"
"We have to go to the submerged boat, I know, I know" I tried to suppress my yawn but it seemed almost impossible.
"Oh leave her alone Kie" JJ walked out his hair messy. Kie snapped to look at the boy. "She was obviously with..." JJ trailed off.
"My boyfriend" I finished, JJ tried to suppress his look of disgust.
"Yeah, yeah" JJ waved off like Rafe would appear if we spoke about it again.
"You're meant to be helping us today" The disappointment evident within Kie's voice. JJ stood to the side not saying anything.
"Yeah, and I will" I argued. Kie turned away shaking her head and I turned looking quickly over at JJ who just raised his eyebrows.
"How can you when you're half asleep" As Kie spoke the door behind her opened revealing John B who looked even more tired than me.
"What's going on?" He ran a hand over his hair flattening any stray strands down.
"y/n decided to stay out all night. She's had no sleep." Kie turned to look at John B who didn't seem that concerned with the situation. John B let out a yawn covering his mouth with his hand before replying.
"Okay, she can stay here if she wants"
"Oh yeah how are we supposed to find the boat?" Kie shrugged as the door opened again Pope walking into the situation.
"JJ also knows where the boat is" John B pointed to the blonde boy who had his eyes half-closed but nodded at the mention of his name. Kie looked from JJ to me then back before huffing fine and walking back into the house.
"What's wrong with her?" I asked as John B leant against the wall.  "I mean you're more chill than her" I signalled to John B.
"I'm just tired but when we get out there..."John B looked out at the water. "Anyway" He picked the conversation back up pushing off the wall.  "You should stay here, take a nap" John B walked closer placing a hand on my shoulder before making his way towards his boat.
"His right y/n go get some sleep" Pope followed after John B then JJ who just gave me a nod. I wasn't expecting things with JJ to go back to normal straight away, I knew it would be hard for him. He hated Rafe Cameron, and now his best friend is dating him.
I walked to the door pulling it open and walking inside. The couches had blankets thrown over them, bowls left on the side most likely from the boys grabbing something quick to eat for breakfast. I slowly made my way towards the guest room as Kie walked out, a backpack over one of her shoulders.
"Look I'm sorry about all that" Kie lifted the backpack higher on her shoulder. "Just this whole situation is stressful, I mean last time someone went down to the boat, you, you almost died"
"I didn't almost die" I smiled which Kie frowned at. "I didn't, okay maybe a little bit". Kie just rolled her eyes before pulling me into a hug and saying a quick goodbye before leaving. I didn't watch the others leave but rather made my way to the guest bedroom and falling to sleep.

I lay back on my bed trying to calm my breathing as I waited for Kie to turn up. I stretched my fingers out at my side while I stared up at the ceiling, Saturday had come too fast. Today was the day I was going to meet Rafe's family and to say I wasn't prepared was an understatement. Kie had spent the last couple of days trying to help me but there wasn't much she could do, she was as much of a kook as I was. A knock on my door caused me to quickly sit up and quickly pull the door open, Kie stood on the other side.
"Thank god" I threw my arms around the girl pulling her into me and over the threshold of the door. The hug lasted a few seconds before I pulled away almost tripping over my own feet, I quickly steadied myself as Kie shut the door.
"Nervous?" Kie turned to me raising an eyebrow.
"Nervous is an understatement" I turned making my way back to the bed and throwing myself face-first onto the bed. I slightly lifted my head. "I feel as though I'm going to be sick. It's constant. The more I think about it more nausea builds up"
"Oh y/n" Kie walked over to the bed, it dipping as she sat down placing a hand on my back slowly moving it up and down.  "First let's take some deep breathes" Kie carried on running her hand down my back as I took a few deep breathes.  We stayed like this for just over a minute before I turned from my stomach to my back, Kie retracting her hand.  "Better?"
"No, not really but I only have..." I sat up reaching for my phone checking the time, 4:15 pm, Rafe told me to meet him at his at 6:00 pm. "I have like an hour and a half"
"That's plenty of time" Kie smiled at me trying her hardest to be reassuring. I wish it helped but it didn't.
"Kie have you seen this hair" I signalled to my hair, Kie just rolled her eyes shaking her head at my comment. "hey, how are you even going to get to Rafe's?" Kie asked as I stood up making my way over to my closet and pulling out some outfits Kie and I had already picked, it had started at seven and slowly got down to three.
"John B said he'd drop me off, so he'll be here at like 5:30. Hopefully, I'll be there a bit early. I also brought some flowers for Rafe's stepmom" I rambled as I took another look at the outfits.
"Flowers?" I turned to look at Kie who was leaning back on her arms.
"It felt wrong turning up empty-handed, it also felt wrong turning up with a bottle of wine. Or would that have been better..." I again trailed off.
"Y/n stop, you're thinking about this way too much" Kie got up from where she was sitting walking over to me placing her hand on my shoulders. I nodded my head in agreement. "come on let's look at these options"