Pope-"As you said earlier I've changed" (Part 2)

Description: Part 2.
Warning: Underage drinking
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••A whole week had passed, a whole week I had gone without speaking to any of the Pogues, a whole week I had gone without going to school, a week without going anywhere

A whole week had passed, a whole week I had gone without speaking to any of the Pogues, a whole week I had gone without going to school, a week without going anywhere. Since that night at the party, I had locked myself in my room, told my parents I was ill. At first, I think they believed it but by Wednesday that started to question it.  Wednesday night my dad knocked on the door, I opened it, concern on his face.
"What's going on y/n?" He questioned as I stood in the door trying to block him from seeing the mess my room was in.
"I'm ill" I coughed trying to make it seem believable but he wasn't having it.
"Come on y/n, you're barely ever sick. Even so, it's never for this long." I didn't respond I just found myself staring down at the ground. "Maybe we should take you to the doctors"
"No, I-I don't need to go to the doctors" I met my dads gaze shaking my head.
"Well, then you must not be really sick, meaning you can go to school tomorrow" As he spoke I lightly tapped my hand against the wooden door. There was no way I was going to school. I would have to face Rafe, Topper, Sarah and every other Kook who seemed to want my answer. I wanted to be a Pogue, I had more fun but if they weren't my friends anymore I didn't want to be outcasted by my peers for nothing, be friendless. If only Pope would answer my messages or Kie, JJ, John B.
"Please don't make me go" I broke looking up at my dad concern still on his face.
"What's going on?" Again I lightly tapped my hand against the wooden door.
"They want me to choose" I leant more against the door as I spoke.
"Who wants you to choose?" My dad tilted his head waiting for me to respond.
"The kooks, Rafe Cameron" I took a step back allowing my bedroom door to open more, I walked further into my room, my dad following. I turned back to look at him waiting for him to say something but he just signalled for me to continue. "Rafe says I can't be a kook and a Pogue"
"You don't have to choose" I scoffed at my dad's statement.  He was kidding right if I did that the kooks would just see me as a Pogue, and the Pogues would never truly accept me.
"You don't get it" I paced for a few seconds before walking over to my bed and sitting down, my dad sitting opposite me.
"Okay, so what would you pick?" My dad sat waiting for my answer.
"I would choose the Pogues" I watched as a small smile started to form on his face but he was quick to hide it.
"So there, if it makes you more comfortable we can have you moved to Kildare County High School"
"Yeah but the Pogues aren't talking to me, Pope, JJ, Kie and John B none of them are answering my messages. I don't want to become a Pogue and be by myself. Have everyone turn on me" frustration carried in my voice.
"Wait Pope, as in Pope Heyward, he isn't talking to you" I nodded my head. "Why?"
"Rafe, that asshole" I balled my first as I thought about Rafe. "He basically told the Pogues what I said about them, but that was before I had met them, before I got to know any of them, before I got to know Pope" Again a small smile crawled onto my dad face, this time he hid it faster.
"Have you told them that?" My dad asked the obvious question.
"I've tried to but they just don't seem to want to hear it" I started to mess with the blanket on my bed.
"How about I talk to Heyward, see if he can talk to Pope" My dad started to get up from my bed.
"No, please don't I don't want parents involved in this. I'll just have to sort it out myself"
"I know you will" My dad smiled at me before turning and slowly making his way to the bedroom door. "I'll convince your mom to let you have till Friday off but then no more time off all year" He pointed a finger at me, a smile still on his face. I nodded my head as he turned to leave shutting the door behind him.