Chapter 20: Consoling Her

Ahana was sitting on bed with tears brimming down her eyes. She remembered Manvi’s and Bulbul’s conversation which shattered her to the core. She never expected her sister to commit any mistake. 

“Kaise kar sakti ho aap di aise? Jhooth pe jhooth bolti rahi mujhse.. Mere behen hai ye sach…” 

She sighed deeply, she remembered how she always argues with Manvi. 

“Di.. aapko kaise pata isko kya pasand hai?”

“Ahnu please aise jhagda nahi karte, uski dost banne ki koshish karo” 

“Tune apna birth certificate nahi dekha kya? Mumbai mein hi toh birth hua hai tumhara”

“Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai Ahnu.. tujhse kya chupayungi main” 

“Kya aapki wajah se mumma papa ki death hui thi?”

“Aap meri behen ho?”

She closed her eyes and fresh tears brimmed down her eyes. She threw away the things in anger and shouted “kyun di kyun?? Bharosa tod diya aapne mera! Aapko maine sab kuch maana tha aur itna bada dhoka diya aapne” 

 She threw away the things in anger and shouted “kyun di kyun?? Bharosa tod diya aapne mera! Aapko maine sab kuch maana tha aur itna bada dhoka diya aapne” 

She wanted to cry on shoulder but today those shoulders were responsible for the pain in her life. She cleaned her eyes and said “nahi Di aapko jawab dene honge kyun kiya aapne aisa!” 

Bulbul's POV 

The truth which I was hiding was finally in front of everyone. I never wanted it to be out on the wedding day, the happiness turned into a sorrow and betrayal within a second. 

Ahana for whom I had sacrificed, was questioning me. Today, I saw hatred in her eyes for me after knowing the truth but she isn't aware of the real truth. That bloody Ayaan manipulated the facts and both my sisters were against me today. 

I looked at Viren with tears in my eyes, he must be shocked knowing Manvi is my younger sister. I hid it from him, I broke his trust. 

I said in stammered tone "tum bhi mujhse nafrat krte ho naa… maine…."

I paused when he held my palm in his. I saw his moist eyes, he spoke "jisse pyar karte hai usse nafrat nahi ki jaati Bulbul, narazgi jatayi jaati hai haan main hurt hun ki tumne mujhse itna bada sach chupaya par tumhara saath to nhi chod sakta na.."

I was just left amazed hearing his words. I was even more guilty for hiding the truth from him. I kept my head on hands and said" nahi Viren.. Tumhe haq tha sach pata hone kaa… main tumhe nahi bata paayi kyuki main nahi chahti thi tumhara aur manvi ka atoot rishta toote usmei zara sa bhi pyaar kum ho."

He kept his other hand on my head and lightly caressed it. I looked up at him, he cleaned my eyes with the tip of his fingers.

"Ahana mujhse sawal kar rahi hai.. Aaj uski aankhon mei apne liye nafrat dekhi maine. Bojh nahi majburi thi jo mujhe apne dil ke ek tukde ko khudse door karna pada" I spoke emotionally.