Welcome

Hello and welcome to Breath of Mist

This story is told from two POV:
Ariana and Erik

This story is told from two POV: Ariana and Erik

And it takes place in another world ;)

Most of the images you will see within the chapters are not created by me. Most are from Pinterest.

Prologue

The spirit exists in all creatures who live in Armenda.

It was responsible for giving life to the lifeless. For gifting those that were favored, with the ability to conjure. Those with the gift were able to open a door within themselves and connect to the spirit world, drawing on its mystic energy. For a lengthy time, the world of Armenda lived in harmony, conjurors using their gifts to help their neighbors. Life was peaceful.

But this was a time that was now long forgotten

.Like a snowflake given way to the heat of summer, it had melted into the great river of history.

Too small to be remembered against the turbulent flowing water.

Some of those living in Armenda became infected with a greed that spread through the lands like a contagion. Swiftly the differences between all beings became a reason for distrust. The peace became tumultuous until finally a gruesome war broke out leading to the dark years of ashes. Like an uncontrollable forest fire, war spread evil and hate, suffocating those who tried to ignore it and burning those who fought. No one was spared. Gray smoke clouded the once blue skies, smothering everything that the war was fought over.

Eventually the spirit turned away from its creations in disappointment, but not before it shed a single tear at what had become of the once beautiful Armenda. The spirit brought the tear to the leaders of the three races and offered one final gift, a treaty. By then the agony caused by the war was stronger than the hatred they all felt for one another and the treaty was accepted by all three peoples.

The treaty became the covenant which separated the three beings of Armenda for centuries to pass. It was signed in blood of the great leaders, sealed with the tear of the spirit, and burned to ash which was carried by the wind over the land. Afterwards the spirit was never truly seen again.

From then on, the Sidhe kept to the western mountains, the Lysians to the east, and the Bavadrins in between. The leaders of each race were responsible for keeping the sacred promises of the treaty, never to harm a fellow leader or an innocent of another race, and to remain in their own territories unless an invite was extended, or a message sent. To break the ancient treaty was to ensure the wrath of the spirit.

Stories were passed down for generations breathing new fear into the young, ensuring they abide by the ancient treaty, for the price otherwise was too great.

Few ever crossed the boundaries into territories not their own for fear of upsetting the spirit and bringing its fury onto their lands. For centuries each race was believed to have kept to its own lands. The treaty believed to be upkept by all.

For generations those in Armenda lived with a tense kind of peace.

Until one day, a Lysian decided to have the treaty broken.