T W E N T Y T W O - Ariana

Clumsily, I made my way down the hall, carrying the large bowl filled with my favorite Bavadrin dish

Clumsily, I made my way down the hall, carrying the large bowl filled with my favorite Bavadrin dish. Perhaps I overdid it a little and should have made a smaller amount in case the Lysians truly hated it. However, my sureness that they would like it won out, and I made a ridiculously sizable amount. My arms trembled from the weight of the bowl as I stopped before the door, waiting for Kole to open it.

Kole raised a single golden eyebrow.

"Open it, please." The words huffed out of me in spurts of breath.

Instead, he folded his hands across his chest. "You know this is an excellent exercise for you."

"I am about to drop it, and if I do, you will be licking it off the floor," I replied through clenched teeth.

His crystal eyes grew more prominent. "Ooh, I do not think you have the authority to make such demands, tiny Ariana."

"Your king is expecting this." I countered.

"Well in that case..." He then leaned against the wall, making a point that Erik may in fact appreciate my dropping it.

"If you do not open this door, I will ensure that Edda spends all her time with us from now on." I threatened. Edda and I had not spoken since that day when she lashed out at me. Neither of us had attempted to reach out to one another, and I certainly was not planning to over a ruined dish, but Kole did not know that.

He winced at the threat. Having developed a healthy dislike for Edda. Without another word, he reached over and opened the door.

"Thanks." I shoved my way past him.

We were in the same room where I shared a meal with Erik a couple of days ago. However, this time there were three plates set out.

"Take a seat," I instructed while finally placing the bowl on the table and shaking out my wobbly arms.

Kole frowned and remained standing.

"You promised me you would join us and try this." I pointed out.

"I have no idea why I agreed to this," He mumbled and made his way to one of the seats.

I placed a single large scoop on each of the three pates and made my way towards my seat when Erik entered.

His sapphire eyes pinned me, and I froze. He glanced down at his plate before turning his attention back towards me. "I only promised one bite."

"I couldn't find a smaller serving spoon." I shrugged a single shoulder and watched as a smile slowly spread across his lips, softening his features.

He made his way through the room with a silent grace while I made my way to my seat.

"Nice of you to join us this time, Kole." Erik turned to his friend, who was wearing a scowl.

"Wouldn't miss this," Kole replied, looking down at his plate as if he couldn't make out what was on it.