T W O - Ariana

Warning, this chapter contains abuse/torture which some may find disturbing

Read at your own risk.

* * *

I couldn't sleep all night

Visions of the Lysian sitting in our dungeon floated around my mind. Like a dark cloud that constantly hovered, never to be blown away. No matter what I did, I could not get him out of my head. Every time my eyes would close, he seemed to come to me.

His body being behind bars was not a comfort. His threatening lethal presence had been extraordinarily present during our brief encounter. He was a predator, and he was content being caged. The only inkling of discomfort that he ever showed was when I practically told him that I believed he allowed himself to be captured.

His lean muscles flexed with every precise step he made and his keen dark eyes tracked every movement while I stood before him. His ears heard sounds I only could dream of and when he moved it was completely silent. And his teeth... a shiver ran through me. His dark hair was unkempt due to frustrated fingers running through it, but he did not appear to want to be released. He was a creature that belonged to the free night, yet he sat in a prison I was not sure could even hold him if he wanted out. The Lysian made absolutely no sense.

I scoured my mind all night for ideas of what his presence meant. If he was captured on purpose, then to what end? Did he simply have a death wish? Certainly, there were more comfortable or exciting ways to go. Death at the hands of the Bavadrin leader would not be a pleasant one.

None of it made any sense. He made no sense.

A day ago the Lysian was found flirting with the border of our lands, one which he overstepped. This act allowed us to do with him as we pleased unless he was bringing a message from his king or he was extended an invitation from the Bavadrin leader superior. Yet he had not spoken of delivering a message, giving no reason for his potential release. He also certainly was not invited. This left him with nothing to hide behind, no protections from the ancient treaty. It was perplexing. The worst was that our brilliant Bavadrin leader was going to act before I understood what exactly was going on.