Chapter 5: A Beautiful Day for an Outing

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Sounds good to me," Nino replied.

"Definitely sounds like a good start," texted Alya.

"Already here," replied Marinette.

"I'll start heading out now," Adrien texted.

"Alrighty then. See you all there!" I reply before going to change into some new clothes. I take out a striped shirt that alternates between (F/C) and (S/F/C) and some denim overalls. Grabbing my wallet and keys, I head out the door while locking it behind me and walk over to the bakery. Opening the door, the familiar tinkle of the bell rings and I'm greeted by Tom, Sabine, and the overflowing smell of pastries. As I wait in the bakery and chat with Tom and Sabine, Marinette soon comes down or more or less stumbles down to the bakery. Soon after, Nino and Alya come through the door and finally Adrien. "Alright. Seems we're all here. Let's head on out," I say with a smile, heading out the door and leaving the warming scent of baked goods. As we begin our stroll through the city, I question, "So how're we gonna find this André?"

"Oh, you'll know where he is, little dude. Just wait and see," Nino comments.

"Okay," I responded, still a bit skeptical.

"Don't worry, (Y/N). Everything will be okay," Marinette says in trying to comfort my skepticism.

Coming from the direction of the Seine, I could hear someone singing. As we kept walking toward the Seine, I could recognize the voice as belonging to a middle-aged gentleman singing in a jovial manner. "So does André's ice cream actually bring couples together?" I ask.

"It seems to work. My dad proposed to my mom at André's and well they've been together ever since. I still adore that story of how he hid the ring in the ice cream and how my mom almost swallowed it," Marinette reminisces with a giggle at the end. Hearing that reminds me of all the nightly visits at the base from my uncles. It makes me wonder if they had someone waiting for them outside of the base. A few more minutes go by and I can see everyone getting excited and start walking faster.

"Are we getting close?" I ask.

"Very close, little dude!" Nino exclaims as if ready to take off in a sprint.

I could recognize what he was saying now as the joyful voice carried the words with a tinkle of a bell, "My name is André! André! Glacé! The sweetheart matchmaker! With one scoop or two, I'll find up for you with magical ice-cream flavors! My name is André! André! Glacé! The sweetheart matchmaker! With one scoop or two, I'll find up for you with magical ice-cream flavors!". Everyone was racing along now with being dragged by Marinette and Adrien. As the Pont des Arts was visible, an ice cream cart manned by a stout man with a moustache wearing a blue and white striped shirt, a dark blue beret, a red scarf, and an apron. Arriving at André's, we waited in line to get our ice cream. First was Alya and Nino together. "Ahhh! Alya and Nino! Welcome back, you lovebirds!"

"Hi André!" Alya greeted back.

"Hey André!" greeted Nino.

"It's wonderful to see you both again. Time for your special. One coconut, banana, and a touch of passion fruit for our adorable glasses couple," André says, holding out the beautiful cone cup of ice cream. Nino and Alya thank André for the ice cream and next is Marinette. "Marinette, it is wonderful to see you again!"

"Hi André!" she says with a small wave.

André begins whispering to her as I listen in, "Are you getting ice cream with Adrien? Shall I make your cone with him?" Marinette's head twitches to the side and I can see the slight movement of her arm to most likely signal to not follow through with it. I let out a sigh. When will Marinette just let it happen? André gives a small nod before speaking up again. "For you, Marinette, an ice cream peach pink like his lips and mint like his eyes in hopes he will realize," he finishes while handing Marinette her ice cream with a cherry on top. As Marinette leaves the line, Adrien goes up. "Adrien, wonderful to see you again as well! Taking a break from your busy schedule?"