𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐓 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐔𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐂𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

Start from the beginning

Callisto exited the Slytherin Common Room, ignoring the weird looks she received from a young boy sitting on a couch with a second hand potions book in front of him. Her steps echoed in the empty corridor and she took off her shoes, shrinking them and putting them in her pockets to reduce the sound she made. The corridors were only lit by enchanted torches at this time of the night and the only sound that could be hear was the whispering from the portraits among themselves. Callisto ignored them and went up the stairs, her eyes following its movement as it bridged the gap between the two floors. In her opinion, moving staircases were as bad of an investment as the screaming "Care of Magical Creatures" books they had back in third year, only that moving staircases were actually dangerous.

She stepped on the still ground, feeling the sudden urge to act like that lady she had seen when her flight from Bulgaria had landed and kiss the ground, but she recomposed herself and started walking in no particular direction. That was when she saw a scrawny looking cat standing at the middle of the corridor, her long tail moving from side to side. Her bright yellow eyes locked with the girl's and she immediately ran off, leaving an utterly confused Callisto behind. Where had that cat even come from? Callisto shook the confusion off and continued walking, occasionally peeking inside a classroom. Up to now she hadn't stumbled upon anyone, causing her to visibly calm down. Her clenched jaw and tense shoulders were relaxed and she didn't look behind her shoulder every five minutes.

That was when she heard the distinct sound of something metallic clattering and falling to the ground. In the silence reigning in the corridors the thud resembled a thunder and a trail of goosebumps erupted in her body when she saw two boys running towards her direction. Before she could react, two arms had roughly grabbed her and she was shoved in an empty classroom. The door closed shut and Callisto tightened her grip around her wand, looking at the backs of her attackers or perhaps, saviors.

"I swear Prongs, you have two left feet." A masculine voice hissed, the boy he referred to as "Prongs" peering outside the corridor through the small window.

"Not my fault that bloody cat appeared." He protested. The two boys seemed to have forgotten about Callisto's presence until she cleared her throat and they both turned to her. She immediately recognised Remus' friends. The one with the glasses was Jace and the one with the black hair was Sirius, Regulus' brother and Narcissa's cousin.

"What the fuck?" She questioned, crossing her arms under her chest. They both shushed her even though she wasn't that loud  to begin with.

"What are you doing here?" James inquired suspiciously. Could she be a prankster like them and she decided to make a grand entrance? If she was she was either really bad or really good because there was no sign on her that could betray her actions.

"I could ask you the same thing, Jace." The bespectacled boy just stared at her, cocking his head to the side in confusion. Callisto looked over to Sirius who had a smirk on his face, trying to stiffle his laughter. What was so funny anyway?

"Jace?" He mumbled as if the name was poison. "My name is James, not Jace."

"No, I'm pretty sure it's Jace." She insisted, recalling the moment they met very clearly. His name was Jace and his other friend's name was Peter. Even Narcissa had called him Jace during the feast yesterday.

"It's James, Blondie." Sirius clarified, realization dawning on her face. It really wasn't her fault though. James and Jace are fairly similar names and it was an honest mistake. Besides, it's not like she called him a hag.

"Same thing..." She rolled her eyes, fixing her gaze on the little window on the door. "What was out there?"

"The janitor and his cat." No, her hearing must have been playing games again. Sirius certainly didn't just say that they were running away from a janitor and a kitten. Unless, he was indeed doing so and this school was even more peculiar than she originally thought. Durmstrang wasn't a pleasant school by any means, but at least the janitor didn't go on a witch hunt every night.