'has something new happened?'

'some stuff, Rani, Kajol, Poja and actually me' Shahrukh said and blew

'let's talk while we eat'

'no, I don't feel like'

'don't worry, I make great breakfast' she said and pulled his hand

After the breakfast, Kajol went back to her room to study. She tried to focus on the book in her hand but she ended up putting it away and grabbing a notebook. She started writing down silently then stopped; she never wrote in a diary before and she was surprised she is doing so now. Kajol has never felt lonely before as this house  was always full of life and she was around everyone, but things had changed after Preity's marriage, her best friend's running away, her boyfriend's collapsing and her fight with Rani. Also, her dad is now busy with the company's stuff until Shahrukh comes back to work and speaking with her mother won't be the best idea of course. So, she decided to start writing down in her diary since everyone is busy with their own lives.

She kept writing for God knows how long, she wrote about everything honestly as her diary won't get angry at her or misunderstands her like the others. While she was writing; Rani's conversation with her came up in her mind and made her ask a question.

"If Shahrukh and me has met other people earlier; would they end up together too?" She wrote down and kept staring at what she wrote.

'I know what is going inside your head now' Preity said sipping her juice

'oh really?' Shahrukh said with a half-smile

'your offer to her was a test, unintentional test and she failed, isn't it?' she asked calmly

He shook his head 'it is not like that'

'stop acting. You really needed her support at this very time, but you think that your status made her step back and think twice about your relationship'

He sighed and closed his eyes 'I am scared'

Preity held his hand and he opened his eyes 'I am not saying this to you to be scared. I am just telling you what is in your mind and also on Rani's. She said what she said out of fear for you' she said

'I am not angry with Rani, I am just really confused'

'don't be'

'I will try to' he said and shrugged

Preity looked at Shahrukh, thought for a while then spoke again 'Rani's words made you think that maybe Kajol is just passing her time with you, and when she gets bored; she will turn you over. Is that right? That's why you aren't angry with Rani. You are scared that Kajol might see the difference between you too for real. That's your insecurity which has been torturing you for your whole life'

'Preity!'

'You always think that the ones you love will always leave. Am I right?'

'Preity! that's harsh. Easy on me!' he said feeling uncomfortable then sighed and gave a short sad smile 'that's why I am scared and why I always get jealous when someone comes near her'

'I could easily predict what came up in your mind, but trust me Kajol loves you; she is just not ready. You both need time'

He smiled helplessly 'how could you really know what is going on my mind that easy?'