Extra

"I'm home," Kuroko called softly. He stepped inside his warm, large house and closed the door quietly behind him. His Seirin bag hung lazily on his shoulder; a basketball tucked neatly under his right arm. Minor sweat droplets clung to his forehead, produced from today's harsh basketball practice. He started to take off his dirty sneakers.

Catherine jumped up from the couch, spilling all papers and books that were on her lap to the floor. Perfect Wedding Dresses was written boldly on one of the papers. "Tetsu-kun!" Catherine exclaimed. "I didn't know you were coming home so early today. I didn't even cook dinner! Are you hungry? I can make a snack, or do you want something heavier? I knew I should have cooked earlier! I can make something microwaveable, or—"

"Catherine-san," Kuroko interrupted with a small smile. He walked across the living room and put one hand on Catherine's shoulder. "Please just focus on the wedding plans. Don't worry yourself; I'm not hungry."

The blond foreigner relaxed and sat back down on the couch. "Okay, but are you sure? You just came from practice."

Kuroko started to collect the fallen papers and books. He organized them before handing them back to Catherine. "If I'm hungry, I'll make myself a snack. Besides, Otou-san and I will get angry if you're stressed before the wedding."

"Yes, the angry duo," Catherine mockingly said with a smile. "But I'll get angry if all you do is stuff yourself with vanilla shakes."

"I'll be in my room," Kuroko said in a voice that sounded like he did not hear the last sentence.

He was walking up the stairs when his father thundered down. "Tetsu," Haru greeted with surprise. "You're home early."

"I'm home," Kuroko greeted back.

Haru smiled warmly. He walked down the few steps to reach his son and planted a kiss on the pale forehead. "Welcome home. Do you want a snack?"

"No, thank you. More importantly, though, you have paint on your face, Otou-san." Kuroko passed his father easily up the stairs, leaving Haru to look for a mirror to wash the paint off.

In the few months they were free, both Haru's and Kuroko's life changed for the better. Haru immediately quit his job and started to draw and paint more often. He easily paid the house's rent through the money he earned through his drawings and from his new job, which gave him less hours for more pay. Kuroko healed without a problem from his injuries, and he started attending Seirin's basketball practices instantly when he was allowed to. He no longer had to cringe at the scars left made by his mother because the thought of Ibuki behind bars made him light and free.

Catherine and Haru started off slow. Haru, buried in divorce papers, was supported by Catherine throughout the way. She started to visit often and helped with the bills when Haru was still on the job hunt. She reconnected with Kuroko, and Haru found himself happy when the blond model was there. It took Kuroko's blunt order to get together for them to finally date. The proposal came later. While it seemed too early, Haru knew it was right.

Kuroko entered his room and dropped his bag into an empty corner. Then he flopped onto his bed, breathing out a large breath. He should probably take a bath, but that could wait.

Akashi spent more time than ever with Kuroko. With a two-hour train ride between each other, the redhead was determined to see Kuroko as much as possible. Akashi hinted more than once that attending Rakuzan would make the trips easier, but Kuroko was not compliant. Nevertheless, Kuroko was happy to see him, and Haru was more than willing to have the captain in his house.

"Tetsu? What do you want for dinner?" Haru called from the kitchen.

"Anything, Otou-san," Kuroko half-heartedly said back.