Chapter 10

"Faster," Akashi ordered. He sent a side kick toward the small boy. Kuroko, who was panting heavily, grabbed the leg and pulled. Even if it wasn't a strong pull, Akashi was forced forward. He fell toward the ground, but he rolled and stood back up to face the teal-haired teen. "That strength won't do it. I do not care if you do not want to hurt me, Tetsuya. Ibuki is larger than you, stronger; this is the only way you can defend yourself." Without giving time for the boy to answer, Akashi sent a punch toward Kuroko's stomach. It wasn't a hard punch, so that if Kuroko failed to use his techniques, it wouldn't hurt much if it struck.

Kuroko knew what to do though. He whirled out of the way, grabbed his wrist, and turned Akashi's body. With Akashi's wrist in an unnatural position, Kuroko pushed all the way, and the red-head was forced to fall to the ground. Akashi sprung back up. "Well done." Then he grabbed Tetsuya's wrists. Kuroko raised one hand up and the other hand down, stepped in the direction where his hand was pulled down, and added more pressure to pulling his hands up and down. Akashi was once against brought down.

For the past day and hours, Akashi had taught him numerous situations and what to do. He mostly taught him Aikido techniques, as it took less energy, defended without striking, and didn't hurt the opponent unless you wanted to. His movements weren't as efficient like when Akashi did it, but it was enough to bring someone down and time for him to run.

"Always be on your feet," Akashi said as he stood up. "If she brings you down, you stand back up, no matter your injuries. You are strongest on your feet, and you are vulnerable on your back."

Kuroko tiredly prepared for the next attack. They had been at it since morning, and Kuroko could feel fatigue pulling on his muscles. Akashi moved in as if he were about to attack, but he suddenly put a hand over Kuroko's head. The teal-haired boy looked up, confused. Akashi gave a light chuckle and ruffled his hair. "Well done," he praised. "We're done. You've learned enough."

Relief set onto Kuroko. Akashi caught him when he started to sway. "You did well," the red-head murmured in his ear. Kuroko's face pinked. "You can go shower. Your wounds should be closed, but be careful."

"Yes," Kuroko replied exhaustedly.

Kuroko somehow wobbled his way toward the large bathroom in Akashi's room. The cold floor took the small teen by surprise, and so did the many pair of scissors that hung on the wall. "Why does Akashi-kun have scissors on the wall?" he muttered.

Carefully, Kuroko took off his shirt and started to unwrap the bandages around his midsection. Midorima had wrapped it tightly and used many layers. Soon, all his bandages were on the bathroom floor, kicked into a corner to deal with later. Kuroko inspected his injuries through the mirror. The scratches on his back made from the dramatic fall had already closed up along with the large gash on his right leg. They were now all scabs. However, the bruises that ran up his arms and legs and bloomed around his ribs were only starting to heal; only some had started to turn yellow. Kuroko winced at the sight of him.

"Tsk," Akashi clucked his tongue from behind him. Kuroko jumped and whirled. The red-head hung the pair of jeans, large polo shirt and, yes, red boxers on the rack. Then he turned and inspected Kuroko more closely. "The bruises seem slow to heal," he observed.

"Yes," Kuroko said quietly.

"Did they hurt you when you were fighting me?"

"No." It wasn't a lie. He never noticed the pain the bruises caused until the end, when his body started to get tired.

Akashi studied Kuroko's midsection. Kuroko flinched when a cool hand lightly brushed over his bruises on his stomach. It wasn't that it hurt; it was a simple reflex. It was a natural, short instinct. Yet, the fact that it was so natural and so simple for Kuroko made the small act heartbreaking. Akashi clenched his jaw and stepped back. "I will not hurt you, Tetsuya."

Betrayal in its simplest formजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें