Chapter 28-Deserving

Peter gently set you down just outside of camp. As you walked in Bucky was the first to run up to you. He tightly hugged you. It was different when Bucky hugged you as opposed to Peter, but both of them nevertheless made you feel safe. The other boys even Felix cheered when Peter and you entered the camp. Many came by and gave a pat on the back and some mentioned how worried they had been.

"Boys!" Peter shouted. "It's time to celebrate!" The other lost ones cheered, and just as your first night on Neverland, they gathered up instruments and added fuel to the fire in the center of camp to make it bigger and brighter.

You were so relieved to be back to some normalcy, if one could call this life "normal". You were ready to join the dance around the roaring fire and tried to drag Peter along.

"Still don't dance love." He smiled.

"Still a disappointment." You countered then started in the direction of the dance, but before you could join the circle a small flicker of green light caught your eye. You followed the glow to edges of camp. Eventually the figure came into view.

"Hello there." The pixie said.

"I'm guessing you're Tinkerbell."

"I am."

"Pleased to make your acquaintance finally."

"My sentiments exactly." She replied.

"Why did you draw me way from camp?"

"Because I care about Peter."

You started to recall the Tinkerbell in the Peter Pan movies. She always seemed to want to keep all girls, except her, from Peter.

"As do I." You replied.

"I know his feelings towards you. I just want to make sure he's making the right decision. He deserves the best."

"Alright, so how do you plan to...test me?"

"I have a small amount of pixie dust I've always saved for just the right moment. This seems to be a pretty important one."

"What's it going to do?"

"Many years ago I helped a young woman find her true love, but she rejected my assistance. Will you let me help you?"

"Of course."

Tinkerbell cast out the dust and it glowed a bright yellow as it started nagivating through the dense forest landscape. Tinkerbell and yourself followed the trial and stopped just before getting into the line of vision of Peter and the lost boys. The glow of the dust only lasted long enough to show both you and Tinkerbell that it had found its way to Peter.

He must have sensed the two pairs of eyes burning holes in his back because he turned around. You tried to duct out of the way, but he spotted you and responded with his usual mischievous grin. Tinkerbell had somehow disappeared out of his line of sight, leaving you to look like the stalker.

"Tink." You loudly whispered.

"Seems like you do deserve him." Tink responded. She had lost easy visablity because she had turned off her bright green glow and secondly was very small.

"Elaborate please on what "true love" means."

"It means you two share the strongest bond known in all the world. Few are ever able to find their true love."

You pondered over her soft spoken words. "I always wondered why I seemed to feel a connection to him the day we first met. I thought I was crazy, you know? I didn't understand why I cared more about him and his safety more that mine on that ship. All I knew was I felt like what I was doing was right."

"It's unavoidabe for true loves to feel a connection when they meet. The realization of feelings, though, is always different for each pair. It all depends on circumstances and on themselves. Nevertheless, the bond is always there, and it will always be strong as long as the two halves keep fighting for it."

You promised, "I will always fight for it," but before you could say anymore, Tinkerbell vanished. Then two arms slipped around your waist. You gasped sharply from the surprise and the arms quickly fell away.

"I'm so sorry." Peter blurted out.

You instantly knew Peter's voice and began your own apology. "No no Peter it's okay. I'm sorry. You just caught me off guard."

"Were you speaking with someone?"

"Just Tink. I don't know where she went though." You then peered around another tree to see if you could make out the green outline of the pixie, but to no avail, she had vanished. With a sigh you turned your back to the tree and faced Peter. He walked up and stood in front of you.

"She has a way of quickly leaving conversations whenever she sees fit, whether or not its convienent for you." He slowly placed both hands on your waist. "Did have anything to tell me?"

After taking a small step closer, "She just explained a few things that had been weighing on my mind."

Peter lowered his head to where his forehead way nearly touching yours. "All better now?" He asked in a low voice.

Your hands traced up the length of his arms and settled at the warm skin of his neck. You hummed "yes" and ever so slightly brushed yours lips against his, driving him crazy.

Peter slowly shook his head back and forth showing that he didn't find it fair to tease like that. His hands moved to your lower hips as his gently pushed you against the smooth bark of the tree behind you. He was careful as he pushed back so that the distance between your two bodies never lessened. His eyes focused on your lips, but swiftly flickered up to your eyes. His gaze carried a devilish smirk behind them. The small hairs on the back of your neck stood up as he spread his fingers on your hips. His head dipped below your chin, and he started brushing his lips across your neck. Never kissing or sucking on the skin, but the faint touch of his lips and his shallow breathes were driving you half mad.

Peter sensed your frustration because he could feel you working hard to fight off figiting underneath him. He brought up his head and stared into your eyes again. "See how unkind it is to be a tease." All you could do was nod. "Let's try this again then."

You smiled genuinly then raised yourself up again, but this time kissed his soft, tantalizing lips. This kiss was slower then your first kiss, but it still left your lips on fire after that initial spark when your skin first touches.

After the kiss, Peter held your waist and lead you back to camp. He settled down on the ground with a log as a back rest. You slid next to him and rested your cheek on his chest, and that's where you fell asleep.

-

Comment Please!
Vote???

Thank you for 4k!!!!