Chapter 30-A Princess

Months later......

It was the morning and you were down in the middle of camp eating breakfast.

"Have you seen Pan?" Felix asked as he took a bit of food and settled down across from you.

"No, I don't think he's even come out of his room this morning. Perhaps he's finally learned what sleeping in is."

"You don't find it strange he hasn't come down all morning?"

"Maybe a little, but Peter's rather strange altogether."

Felix rose with his food. "Well if you happen to see him, I need his help with the training center."

"I'll tell him." With that Felix disappeared in the direction of Peter's Thinking Tree.

You glanced over at Peter's hut and started to wonder what could be keeping him couped up. Felix has known Peter much longer, and if he says this is out of the ordinary behavior, then he must be right. Peter should be down here like he always is, out and about around the island or stationed near his seat overlooking camp.

Your attention returned to the last remnants of your meal, but it was broken by the creak of Peter's door. He decended the tree and had a smile on his face as he walked over.

"Morning Peter."

Peter wrapped one arm around your back as he sat down. "Good Morning angel." Then he placed a kiss on your cheek. You leaned forward and sat down your breakfast plate. Peter hunched over and clapsed his hands together in front of himself. He looked a little uneasy.

"You alright?" You asked nudging him.

"What?-Yeah I'm fine."

"Okay," you said unconvinced. "Anyway Felix said he needed your help at the training center. I'd go find him since he's been looking for you all morning." Peter slowly stood up while looking off. You also stood up.

"Yeah, I'll go help him." Then Peter was about to start for the training area, but you held his arm before he could move.

"Hey, are you sure you're feeling okay?"

Peter's face softened and he brushed your hand off his arm then slid he hands onto the sides of your waist. "I'm fine, darling." Then he gave you a kiss and left.

Something was up with Peter, but if it was something that would harm camp, he would have told you or someone else in camp by now, but none of the other boys were acting strangely. It was just Peter.

* * *

Peter and and Felix returned from a long afternoon working in the training area. Felix had a smug look on his face. Then again he always looked like that. Peter seemed relaxed until he looked up and made eye contact with you. As he walked over to you, Felix watched from a distance.

"I want to show you and new part of the island today." He said as he took your hands inbetween his own.

"Which part?"

"My favorite part of the island?"

You smiled and leaned into him as you asked, "Well then why haven't I been there before?"

"I was waiting for the right time." He mumbled against the skin on your forehead.

"What makes now so special?"

Peter pulled away and smiled with secretive glint hidden in his green eyes. He stood up straight and held out his arm bent at the elbow. He asked, "Ready to go?"

"I am." You said suspiciously as you took his arm.

Throughout the hike up to the special destination, Peter refused to answer any questions about the area or about his plans or explain his behavior.