Chapter 49-Home

Neverland both awed and frightened Emma. Really that's how everyone felt upon first arrival, but Emma seemed particularly cautious of the landscape.

"You don't have to worry about anything hurting you on the island. You leave them alone, they'll leave you alone." You commented noticing her discomfort.

"Who's they?" She asked.

"All the dangers of Neverland, but I won't get into detail. Wouldn't want to scare you on your first day." You grinned unconvincingly. "We can have a seat right here." You said pointing to the same logs by the water's bank you and Henry sat on.

After being seated, Emma started, "Perhaps you should tell me about yourself."

"Well you know how it all began..." You gritted your teeth, and Emma shifted in her seat a bit. "No family ever took me in permanently."

"I-I know what that's like."

"Peter told me you grew up similar to me in that way, except you came through a portal to this world so you could escape a curse."

"Yes that's true, but when I came through, I was in the woods, until I was brought to a freeway shoulder by the boy who came through with me. He was in charge of protecting me, but he left me before I could ever have a memory of him. I grew up with the thought that my parents abandoned me on the side of a freeway."

"That's awful, but at least it was for a purpose. It had to be done so you could save all the happy endings." Emma nodded sadly. "I grew up knowing I had a screw up mother." Your words cut, as you intended them to. "But at least I ended up here, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I realize you were trying to give me my best chance, but growing up, I always thought that it would've been best growing up with my mother. At least we'd be a family, and I wouldn't be a shameful secret."

"I-" her voice faded out. "I am sorry for what I put you though."

"The only reason I forgive you, is because I ended up in Neverland. This is my home." You gave a small smile, but I was quickly brought to a thin line when she responded.

"This isn't a home."

"Yes it is." You firmly replied.

"How?"

"It's where I'm happy. I finally have a home with a family that loves me, and I have Peter."

She tried to speak calmly, "I saw the way you act around each other, but you're young, and feelings will pass. You should come back with us, so that you can have a chance to know your family, especially your brother."

You started breathing heavily. "No! I'm not leaving Peter! I will never leave him because I love him and he loves me, and it's true love! Of course you wouldn't know what that's like based off of your relationship history."

Emma breathed deeply to try to calm herself down, but her speech indicted she wasn't. "You're out of line."

"No I'm not Emma. I'm perfectly inline thanks to your example. I just looked at everything I knew about you, and did the opposite. It's turned out pretty well for me." She looked ashamed as she kept her eyes on the ground. You brought yourself down from the outburst stage to speak more mildly, "Come on, you come from the Enchanted Forest. That's where true love is known to be the most powerful entity in all the realms. Have you no examples to look to? There's Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip. There's Snow White and Prince Char-Charming..." Your eyebrows knitted together as you thought about the last two names. "Oh for gods sake, how could I not have realized? That couple on the boat; they're Snow White and Prince Charming."

"Yes."

"You're traveling with one of the oldest examples of true love. How do you know them?"

She sighed, "They are my parents."

"Wait...how old are- and you're- so they're my-?"

"They are your and Henry's grandparents. They look hardly older than me because the curse froze time for them." Your mouth was gaping open. "Don't tell me you're surprised by someone who looks much younger than they actually are."

That comment actually made you laugh. "I should be the last person to be surprised by that I suppose."

"Listen, I really don't want to fight with you."

"I don't want to fight with you either, but if you try again to take me away from my home, and Peter, then I certainly will."

"How do you know it's true love? Did one of you get put under a sleeping curse?"

"No, Tink just used pixie dust to find my true love, and it traveled to Peter."

"She did that for Regina. It lead to Robin Hood of all people."

"Regina, who's Regina in the Enchanted Forest?"

"The Evil Queen." She muttered.

"The Evil Queen? The woman who is Snow's stepmother who tried to kill her, but in our world she's Henry's adoptive mother and yet our step-grandmother too?" Emma nodded. You let out a sigh at a sudden realization, "Good thing we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, because that dinner would suck."

"You don't know the half of it, but that's an explanation for another day." She laughed.

"Are you going to stay long enough for me to hear it, or were you leaving after you ate?"

"We can stay the night, but we can't stay for too long." She answered.

"Alright."

"Honestly though, I think you should at least visit Storybrooke, at least for Henry. He'd be disappointed if he never got to see you again."

"Well I'd be sad if I never got to see him again."

"That's really good to hear." She replied and you stood up. She followed your lead. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"Do you ever plan to leave Neverland? I know they're your family, but do you want a family of your own ever?"

"Um I-I don't know, I haven't given it much thought before. Perhaps one day." Then absentmindedly you added, "I guess if Peter wants to..."

"What?" Emma seemed shocked.

"What?" You asked while the impeding branches from your path to camp.

"I just...it's strange to think about you having a kid, especially with him."

"I don't find it strange." You cut another branch. "It seems like the most normal thing in the world."

-

Votes????
Comments????

-

Are any of you reading Promiscuity by CluelessLover ??? She's such a good writer. She wrote Caged, which is a really good Peter Pan-panfiction. Her current book is a Robbie Kay fanfic. If you watch Downton Abbey, you'll love the book. I started watching because she said one of the characters reminded her of Niall Horan. His name is Tom Branson, and he's a precious Irish cupcake potato.