Chapter 14-Red

Peter was hardly seen in camp for days. The few chances you saw him and tried to talk to him he somehow vanished or you were intercepted by another lost boy with a task that needed done that very minute.

On this particular night Peter took a few of the loyal other boys outside of Neverland to find new lost ones. Yet another excuse to avoid talking to you, but some supplies were running low at camp, so the lost boys would collect those before returning.

You and remaining boys stayed up late that night waiting for the group to return. Your cheek rested in your hand as you had grown tired of waiting. Before you could drift off the boys reentered the camp with the supplies. Everyone picked their tired bodies up and helped to unload the spoils.

"Are there no new ones Pan?" Devon asked.

"No one came when I played my panpipe." He answered.

"Isn't that a good thing?" You whispered to Steven.

Devon overheard the whisper and interrupted Steven's reply, "We need boys to work, so the fact we didn't get any tonight is bad."

You marched over to Devon, looked him right in the eye, and spoke firmly despite the fact his head towered over yours, "You found a piece of this world where children didn't feel unloved. Don't you dare count that as a loss."

"You got quite the mouth on you don't you? How has Pan not shut that up with punishment yet? Oh that's right he thinks of you as a weak little girl who couldn't take it."

You foot kicked the back of his knee causing him to collapse on the ground with a loud thud. Then in a completely regretless voice said, "Oops, you tripped." Then you walked over and sat next to Bucky.

"Don't ever test a girl Devon." Steven smirked down at the defeated boy before talking the seat beside you.

On the other side of the camp fire, "What is all this stuff you took?"

"I don't know I just started grabbing up what I could. I wasn't paying attention."

You leaned over to Bucky, "Do they steal from people's homes?"

"Only the ones owned by the rich."

"Like Robin Hood?"

"Pan doesn't care for him very much."

"Wha- yeah of course he's real too. No reason to question."

The boy next pulled a small golden tube from the napsack. "Seriously what is this?"

You looked through the fire to the glowing cylinder and laughed when you realized why the boys wouldn't have any idea what it was. You walked over and took it from the boy's hand. "This is lipstick." The boy looked like a deer in the headlights. You rolled your eyes, "I'll show you." You took off the cap and carefully applied it to your lips.

The boy finally understood. "Oh that stuff. I remember my step mum would always wear that. It always looked terrible and got on her teeth."

"That can happen."

"Don't worry you look nice." He quickly said to make sure there was no insult to you.

You smiled and looked over at Peter who was leaning against a tree and glaring daggers at the boy. You sauntered over to the pouty boy. "Close your eyes."

"What?"

"Shut your eyes."

"No."

"Trust me."

"Fine." He finally gave in.

You lifted yourself up on your toes and left a red print of you lips on his cheek.

Peter's eyes shot open. "What was that!"

The other boys couldn't contain their laughter while watching the angerily flustered Pan. Peter brought his hand up to his burning cheek to wipe off the kiss before storming off.

"Can't take someone messing with you a bit?" You smirked.

The other boys were still getting over their laughter. Felix however decretly approached you with a confused expression written on his face. Aside from the problems initially between the two of you, Felix had calmed down and treated you more respectfully.

"You just undermined Pan in front of all of us."

"It was just a joke."

"You're changing him. Do you realize that?"

"He's always been awkward since I met him."

"That didn't start until you got here."

"You're saying I'm ruining him?"

"No, you're making him better."

Please comment!

Vote?