Drisana released a deep sigh before going to her mother. But Maharani Mangalya was busy. Her Pitashree had just returned after meditating, worshipping and giving Arghya to Suryadev. So, Maharani Mangalya was now busy in helping him to get ready for the day. Drisana shook her head smiling in adoration. She knew, Maharaj Drishadvat sought out a few stolen moments with his wife more than getting help to be ready. So, instead of disturbing them, Drisana went to meet Priyala. As she neared the chamber, the loud wailing of Preesha was heard.

"What happened bhabhishree? Why is our little princess crying?" Drisana asked coming inside the chamber. Priyala was glaring at Preesha. A maid held her in arms and tried to console the baby. Drisana went closer to her and took Preesha in her arms cooing her.

"This girl! She is becoming stubborn day by day. She is crying for her Pitashree. Everyday Arya feeds her prasad (offering) after his prayers. But today, Arya hasn't come back from the river yet and she is hungry. I tried to feed her. But she's not listening. It's already time for breakfast. Don't know why he isn't back yet. I'm already feeling restless and this girl is troubling me more." Priyala said being frustrated.

"Don't worry bhabhishree. He'll come back soon. And till then, Preesha will eat from buashree's hand, won't she?" Drisana assured Priyala and then asked Preesha in a childish way. But Preesha hid her face in Drisana's neck. Okay, that meant a no. Preesha adapted her father's quiet nature when she got upset.
"I'm taking her with me. Let her mood get a little better. Then I will feed her." Drisana said smiling with assurance. "And stop worrying. Bhrata will come back soon."

"Drisana?" Priyala called from behind. Drisana turned to her questioningly. "Is everything alright? Arya never takes so much time. The sun has already risen and he isn't back till now." Priyala asked anxiously.

"Bhabhishree, what will happen to him? And bhrata Dridhaksh and bhrata Daiwik are also with him. Maybe they're busy in teasing and pranking bhrata Dridhaksh. You know how bhrata Daiwik is. He must have dragged bhrata Devyajot into it too." Drisana replied without missing a bit. Her smile didn't waver for half a second.

"I hope they come back soon. After breakfast, we also need to start the rituals." Priyala said returning the smile with a relieved sigh.

On the other side, Shikhandini after following her morning routine, got ready for Gauripujan. Draupadi and her sister-in-laws came to take her for the ceremony. And when they were busy in prayer Dhristyadhymn came back to the Palace and went straight to Maharaj Drupad after changing. Maharaj Drupad who was ready to dine with the guests, smiled at the sight of his son.

"Dhristyadhymn? The guests must be waiting for us. All the preparations----"

"This marriage can't happen."

"Hridi!" Nakul called her loudly finding her in the palace garden.

She sat with Preesha in her lap and was feeding her slowly. Drisana looked at him in surprise. Nakul had came straight looking for her without changing. A quick nod from him assured her that everything went as planned. Drisana felt a huge burden disappearing from her heart. She handed Preesha to Lalima telling her to take her to Rajkumari Priyala. And then went back to her chambers with Nakul.

Nakul explained everything to her while she helped him in getting dressed.

"I was worried for you." Nakul said with a frown.

"I understand. But there's nothing to worry. Dhristyadhymn is misguided and filled with rage. But he won't hurt a woman physically." Drisana said with a sad smile. Nakul didn't seem convinced.

"May I enter Rajkumari?" Tara asked knocking on the closed door. And getting permission she entered with bananas on hand. 

"Rajkumari, I have brought bananas." Tara said and nodding at her Drisana told her to leave them on the table. As Tara left, a very much confused Nakul asked,