She scoffed, rolling her eyes in irritation. "If you don't believe me, why even bother coming?" She grimaced through her gritting teeth.

She couldn't understand him.

She didn't want to admit it, but she loved that Jisung hadn't left her, because honestly she wouldn't know how she'd be doing, but even though she was appreciative, it didn't mean she was entirely for it.

A part of her wanted him to leave. But one thing she did remember about him, since it quite obviously proved to have stayed the same throughout the past few months they've been working together, was that he was just as stubborn as her.

Jisung wouldn't have left her alone either way.

"So you don't do anything you might regret when this all settles in," He answered nonchalantly, growing too jittery to lay down silently. He quit his shifting, his tossing and turning and finally had pulled the lever to his side, making the back of his seat spring up.

His upper body naturally lurched forward, causing his hands to reach out and grasp at the dashboard in surprise. It was a hilarious sight, how his eyes widened in horro, and his lips parted- almost nearing a shout. If only Aeri wasn't in such a sour mood, she would've laughed her ass off, called him a dummy, and a smile would finally find it's way to the corners of her lips.

But unfortunately, mending her heart and accepting the facts that lingered her in a state of denial wasn't that easy.

If it was, the situation would be different, and perhaps her and Jisung would be as well.

Instead of chuckling and giggling into the palm of her hand, she frowned deeper. "Jisung I know you want me to feel better, but i'm not leaving this parking lot until I see my father," She grunted, staring harshly at the glass paneled doors of the city's train station.

Jisung coughed awkwardly, he retracted his hands and rubbed the back of his neck— thanking her quietly that she hadn't laughed at him. It was a minor incident, however, the tips of his ears glowed pink in embarrassment. "Then i'll wait with you," He whispered, still trying to grasp onto the fact that what happened wasn't so bad.

His childish thoughts were finally put an end to once Aeri had ripped his attention attention away from his internal conflict with himself, her lips moving rapidly as she herself finally bursted.

"Why are you doing this? The next round is in a week, you guys should be practicing? How about Minji? What about her? What about—"

The raven haired's brows fell with his lips into a scowl. They furrowed together in momentary annoyance, and eased up later as he remembered, she was overwhelmed and poor ably didn't mean to come off as harsh. But with Aeri, you could never really know for sure.

Jisung decided to play it safe with his answer, hoping that it'd finally silence her counters and remarks, and she could finally see he wanted to be there for her. "Can't I play my role as a friend?"

In a split second, Aeri's head whipped to the boy sat in her passengers seat. Her bottom lip parted from her other, and she felt her heart tighten beneath the barricades of her tough skin. "I— you can, but not when—" She couldn't help but stammer like a school girl once again.

She saw the look on his face, his eyes were gentle, as if even a glare her way would break her into millions of pieces, which was quite debatable if you ask her. "So allow me to do this for you," No hidden agendas, no tone in which it seemed as though he'd use this as a chance to ask her for a favor after, his voice was nothing but sincerity.