Epilogue - Almighty Sinnoh

Start from the beginning

"If that is all, I will be leaving for Kalos now. I trust you will return in due time."

Lysandre turned on his heels, making his way out of the town gate. He disappeared out of view before I could call out to him with my thanks but he knew I was grateful.

I called out the other five members of the team, who were all well rested, to meet Arcanine again. Within a split second, all five pokemon had piled onto the fire type, showering him in their love and affection. A sight like this reminded me that we really were a close knit family.

I didn't want to break them up but there was something that needed to be dealt with. "Guys, we still have one more thing to do before we leave Sinnoh."

At that, I turned to the looming Mount Coronet to the west. The mountain's summit awaited us.

---

Finally, the seven of us had made our way to the summit of Mount Coronet. Spear Pillar was quiet, not even the rolling wind whistled through the air. Now that I wasn't up here to deal with international terrorists, I had to say that the view was quite something.

A few remaining pillars were all that was left of an ancient structure that couldn't withstand the passage of time. The chiseled stone plateau described a foreign script, one that had been long forgotten as the world moved on without Spear Pillar.

Each of the six pokemon who had accompanied me on my journey were stood behind me, all with their eyes fixed on something that lay in the skies above. I couldn't help but feel some pressure on me but I let the feeling pass as I reached into my bag to retrieve the flute.

Nervously, I lifted the Azure flute to my lips, blowing gently. The echo of the instrument rang out throughout all of Spear Pillar. Before I knew it, I was using the flute like a natural. An eerie melody echoed around us, the flute's hollow tune causing my eyes to flare up unconsciously.

Then there was a bright flash of light from directly in front of me. As my eyes adjusted to what I was seeing, a large transparent staircase appeared, leading up high into the skies above. I turned to the six pokemon behind me, seeing that they were all entranced by the structure that had appeared in front of us.

Dragonite's eyes were glowing a faint gold, Sceptile's a fluorescent green. I looked to the others, seeing Arcanine's eyes glinting a fiery orange, Ninetails' an icy blue. Aegislash's eye glimmered a shadowy purple, Dragapult's eyes beaming an ominous indigo.

With my pokemon at my side, I made my way up the ascending stairs, making my way up past the clouds.

---

It took a while to get to the top of the staircase and as we arrived at the summit beyond the skies, there was nothing but clouds as far as the eye could see.

I took an uncertain step forward, feeling solid ground beneath my feet. My eyes wandered the cloud line, seeing a transparent floor. Uncertainly, I continued on, my pokemon close behind.

As we made our way across the clouds, the surrounding structures took shape. Tall white stone pillars ascended even further into the sky, large empty portraits lining the side of the hall. The whole scene was beyond explanation, words unable to truly describe what I was seeing.

But we pushed on, deeper into the hall. After a while, some of the portraits had started to be decorated. There were all sorts of people pictured, each had taken all walks of life and some I recognised. In my mind, I knew that no one had ever stepped foot in this hall before me, meaning that all of these people didn't know that they were pictured here.

I walked past a portrait of a younger Cynthia, Garchomp by her side, guessing that she was around twenty or so at the time. Steven Stone, the Hoenn Champion was also pictured here, Metagross beside him. There were an infinite number of many other renowned trainers and their partner pokemon, most of whom I hadn't even heard of before.

A foreign language was inscribed beneath each portrait and as I looked at each piece of text, my eyes translated what I was seeing. The names of the pictured trainers and their partner pokemon were captioned underneath each portrait. Some names I recognised, others I was seeing for the first time.

After what felt like hours, I felt I was approaching the end of the hall. At the far end, there was a huge looming shadow waiting in the distance. From where I was, it was difficult to see what I was exactly looking at. But I knew not to look into the figure's aura, knowing that I would be instantly blinded the moment I turned my eyes at it with that intent.

The team and I were in constant awe at what we were seeing, the names and portraits of trainers we had made friends with hung up here in this hall. I passed Dawn's and Empoleon's picture, May's and Blaziken's not too far from it. As I neared the end of the hall, we passed by Red and Charizard.

As I neared the end of the hall, I noticed a familiar portrait. I passed by my own image, Dragonite smiling beside me. I felt a half smile on my lips at the sight of us, continuing on. Another portrait caught my attention, the man having the same wine purple hair as me. There was only a silhouette of a pokemon at his side, one that I couldn't quite recognise. I brushed it off, carrying on down the endless hall.

Finally, we arrived at the end, the huge looming presence now clear to see. A large quadrupedal creature hovered in the air, its green and red eyes fixated on me. The golden ring around its centre glowed with a vibrant gold, the creature's pure white body radiating a divine energy.

It didn't take me long to realise who I was standing before, feeling its pure white aura all around me and my team.

At long last, I had come face to face with the one who had gifted me with divine power. This pokemon was purity in its truest form.

Arceus was Divinity Incarnate.