14; Push and pull

Começar do início

Ariadne changed when she met Thea. It was by pure coincidence.

Thea was, and is, one of the most popular girls in the entire city. Knowing her was like a dream. Everyone wanted to be with her, everyone admired her, and of course, everyone already knew that she would become the next leader. Thea hates the attention, as she does now. So she ended up running away from it all, just for a little while, to the fields surrounding the city. Walking around without prying eyes felt like a blessing to the young leader. But it also ended up with her crashing straight into an unknowing Ariadne, who had just stepped outside her house to fetch some water from the well. Her bucket flew to the ground below, Thea landed on her back and Ariadne right on top.

To this day Ariadne wonders if Thea had hit her head on the way down, because her first words to the girl were surprising, to say the least.

"Wow your hair is like, golden"

And for the first time in her life, Ariadne snapped out of her illusion. Her hair had never been dirty or ugly, ruffled up or similar to the dirty roads underneath their feet. Rather, it had always been a strawberry blond. Similar to her sisters, but even more shiny and special. To the point where a confused and slightly out of it Thea mumbled it right into her ear. Thea was the first person to find her beautiful, and as a person from Aphrodites temple, that was very important to Ariadne. She felt confident, she felt alive for the first time in her life.

Through her confidence in herself, Ariadne kept getting more and more popular. Her sisters didn't care much, continuing with their own lives. They weren't necessarily bad people, definitely not the jealous kind. Just a little inconsiderate and not very caring towards their youngest. Their lives continued to grow separate from there. Ariadne moved to the temple, and she hasn't really seen them much since. She continued to spend time with Thea, to the point where their relationship turned sexual and even romantic, to some secret and hidden level.

So Ariadne has always had a soft spot for the leader of Athena's temple. Their relationship is complicated, in more ways than one, but she can't go a day without thinking about the black haired girl.

They fight a lot. While Thea is more strict with her opinions, Ariadne is more free and liberal. They often disagree at meetings. Sometimes the other leaders full on ignore them because they can't stop disagreeing and fighting and complaining, even turning petty after awhile. But in the end their disagreements are left at the doors of the palace and temple of Hera, and their sexual and even friendly relationship carries on together. Sometimes they are playful with each other, sometimes they pretend not to feel butterflies in their stomachs when the other flirts or does something special. But one thing is for sure. They have a sweet, push and pull relationship where everything moves nice and slow.

Ariadne can't remember if she has managed to spend an entire week without Thea since they met, so many years ago. No matter how much they fight, they always end up making up one way or another. Which is why Ariadne felt like she was missing the leader of Athena's temple. She often comes to visit Thea, but today is different. She doesn't really know why she waited for Irene's lessons to end so she could drag the smaller girl with her. She doesn't know why. But something has her connecting and being drawn to both Thea and Irene, and whatever it is, Ariadne isn't complaining. Ever since she became who she is today, she's been opened minded and ready for practically anything.

But she also knows that Irene is still a bit new and shy. In a way Irene reminds her of how she used to be. Drawn back, shy and unsure of everything. Ariadne has found herself wondering, on more than just one occasion, if that's how women act in Irene's home. Overall it's quite cute rather than pathetic, but it's also something that has Ariadne placing Irene on a tour of the temple with someone else, so that she can first spend some quality time with the one person she knows the best.