Chapter Fourty-Two: Pain

Start from the beginning

I then began quickly wiping the sink with my hands using the water. No evidence. Not like they should be looking for anything anyways.

" My glasses, where are my glasses?" I muttered, as the blood slowly leaked out of my left eye once again. The right had cooled a little, but I have no clue as to when it will start again.

" I have a lot of keys girl, you have to give me a second."

" But I'm bursting!"

" Then you should of gone to a different toilet. Not wasting my time like this."

" There's a gir-"

" I don't car-"

" What's going on here?" A different voice spoke, a voice very familiar. As I spot my glasses in the corner next to the door.

Checking myself over in the mirror, I made my way over towards the door.

" This girl won't blood- oh" As the voice silenced as I swing it open.

" Sorry about that, didn't realise I locked the door!" Sending her a fake smile, before turning towards the cleaner.

" I apologise on her behalf, she could of just went to a different toilet" As I could see her visibly growing in anger.

" And Matthews, what brings you here?" Tilting my head to one side, as the girl pushes her way past me. Not before saying some very unpleasant words that I prefer not to repeat. As the cleaner muttered to himself as he walks away.

" Just wondering around, but what are you doing hiding in the toilets?"

" Pff, me hiding in the toilets. What do you take me for?"

" You don't want to know, but whilst you are here, I'v already told the boys but you weren't the-"

" So you weren't just wondering around?" As he gives me a stern look, practically telling me to shut up!

" You weren't there, but we might be having another group mission soon. It's a big one so get prepared. We are going to be paired with my brother, and his group." Patting my shoulder.

" Nice, I need something productive to do" Wiping the corners of my eyes, I bring my hands back down and stuff them into my pockets. Matthews looking at every movement I made.

" Your eyes doing much?" He whispered, trying to look through my pitch black glasses but probably sees nothing.

" Yeah, all good. Still working, but I've gotta run, don't want to be late for my next lesson." As a small smile creeps onto his face.

" That's the attitude Octavia, never thought I'd see you being early for something"

" What, I'm always early, it's you, no it's Cashe. It must be a family thing." Shrugging my shoulders before walking past him.

" You can't deny the fact that your always late" He shouts back, as I turn to face him.

" Whatever you say" Before saluting him off. And let me just note, I'm always on time!

As I continue my walk to the next class. Shaking my head, I pull my hands out of my pockets.

" Just great, now my hands have dried blood on them" I muttered, stuffing them back into my pockets. What's happening with my eyes and stomach all of a sudden. Usually my stomach pains when I eat something I shouldn't of, and ends just as quick. But now it lasted much longer and I didn't even eat or do anything.

What's more worrying is that my eyes have never bled before. Yes, my stomach is also very worrying. But it's happened so many times that I though of it as something that shouldn't be worried about. Maybe It's much more then just a simple pain in the stomach?

Shaking my thoughts off, I take slow steps down the hall. I could feel my heart picking up its pace as I glances at all the lockers as I past.

" Just relax" I continued to mutter, as I got closer to my next class. Turning onto the hallway of my class I could feel something dripping down my face.

" Just great" Pulling up my hoodie, I stop in my approach.

' I need to find one of my eye patches.' I thought to myself, as I divert my way away from my next class. I guess he was right, I really aren't early, for anything. There practically lucky if I show myself at all!

***************************

" Octavia, You were apparently late today? I'm pretty sure you said you were heading to that lesson next?" Matthews questioned, as I and all the boys stood at the front gate. Waiting for his brothers tribe to show up.

When Matthews said that Kade and his group where going to work with us soon, he meant in around 3 hours.. Yeah, going to have to remember the next time he says soon, he means in around 1 to 3 hours soon!

" Just got a little lost... not like I missed much anyways" Shrugging my shoulders, tilting my head to one side as I overtook a bored expression. In which I received a look of disbelief.

" Get out of here, you've been here long en-" Elbowing the silly boy in the ribs before he could continue. Don't these boys know when to shut up.

" Ouch you little rat" Tom winced before moving away from me, rubbing his ribs as he does so. Sending me the daggers before turning towards Matthews as if to say 'Tell her off'.

I swear that boy...

But lets just say that Matthews clearly wasn't in the mood for this back and forth rubbish as he turned to stare at me.

" One, please refrain from elbowing people. And two, if you cared the slightest about the lessons or even this school, you would at least attend your lessons. I'd rather you at least go and be slightly late than not bothering at all" He sighed, rubbing his forehead in a slow circular motion.

" Now please children, because we need to show our professionalism in front of my brothers group" He stated, turning towards the dusty road.

However he was ignored, but the only thing that did come to mind was... where was my eyepatch...

Sunday 17th October 2021 - 14:13

Update- 4th Sep 2022 (20:03)
***************************