"Your highness, your breakfast." A maid said as she put a tray of food on his lap. He nodded.

"Y-your highness," Sunhee hesitated, Jungkook looked up to look at her. "Please don't leave your room today, you gave us quite the scare yesterday." She bowed.

While Jungkook spent time with Haeun, the royal staff had panicked. They couldn't find the crown prince and it scared the hell out of them. Maids ran everywhere, while guards checked every room. If the king had found out about the situation, all hell would break loose.

Thankfully, Jungkook came back late at night and everyone could calm down.

"Sunhee, I'm not leaving this area today." The whole royal staff could breathe. "But," They stiffened. "I want to be in the garden." They could breathe again.

"Sungchul." Jungkook called, and the butler went to his side immediately. "Yes, your highness?"

"I want you to clear the garden at three o'clock, I want to be there by myself." He demanded, the butler nodded. "Okay, your highness."

"Guards," The guards stood up straight. "I don't want you guys or anyone to be in the garden when I'm there." The guards nodded.

"Same for the maids." Jungkook eyed Sunhee, and she nodded.

"Good."

---

Haeun had woken up with a small smile on her face.

Before she lost her eyesight and she still lived with her parents, she used to go on small walks with her parents or by herself. On those walks, she used to take pictures with her favorite camera. It was like a stress reliever for herself.

Just to go out, breathe the fresh air, go slowly around and take pictures of beautiful things. Flowers, buildings, people.

Unfortunately, she can't do that now.

However, she was happy to spend time with someone her age. Don't get her wrong, she loves spending time with the kids, but she would like to be someone that's a bit older too.

He had even said that he was going to be her new best friend.

She was now in the kitchen eating some breakfast, when she felt a slight tug on her long shirt. "Who is it?" She softly asked, she knew that it could only be one of the kids. The nurses, doctors or other patients would simply call her name.

"I'm hungry." The small voice said, and she could only recognize it to be Hyun's. "What do you want to eat Hyun?"

---

"Sungchul," Jungkook called out and his butler came to him right away. "Yes, prince?"

"Could you get my camera?" Jungkook asked, expecting a nod from his butler, but Sungchul hestiantly answered Jungkook's question.

"Well you see, It might take a while." Sungchul said.

"For how long?" Jungkook immediately asked.

"Maybe an hour?" Sungchul said, uncertain about his answer.

I'll be late, Jungkook thought.

"Then please hurry."

---

With a white cane in her right hand, Haeun walked over to the reception. "Excuse me?" She said, which got the attention of the nurse right away.

"Yes, miss Haeun?" The nurse smiled.

"Could you tell me what time it is?"

"It's two fifty five, Miss Haeun." The nurse answered, Haeun happily bowed.

"Thank you!" She smiled, before going outside to sit on the bench.

I'm on time, Haeun smiled.

---

The sun was still shining so bright, but the one sitting under it wasn't doing the same.

Thirty minutes had gone by and Haeun had encountered a single soul. She had been waiting for Jungkook, but it seemed like he wasn't going to come.

Where are you, Jimin?

---

10 minutes later and Haeun was still seated on the bench. It seemed like he wasn't going to come. Haeun decided that he probably wasn't coming and got up.

"I'm here!"

The sound of the yell made Haeun alert. She knew who it was immediately. "Jimin.." She lightly smiled.

Jungkook hurriedly rode wheelchair towards Haeun. "Are you ready?" He grinned under his mask.

published: 09/09/21