As a thank you, I rubbed random patterns on her arms, which she gladly repaid by soothingly caressing my tummy in circles, causing me to gently close my eyes as tiredness overtook me.

I'm glad I was sleepy because if I hadn't been, I never would have gotten a wink of sleep as the softness of her lips on the back of my nape sent a quadrillion butterflies racing through my stomach.

I felt her grip on me tighten as she wrapped me in her protective hug. I felt heat creeping up my cheeks as her warm breath brushed against the back of my ear and she began humming a random melody, making my ears hear her soft voice. My eyes became heavy and I continued to trace lines on her arms.

As I inched closer to her, my mouth let out a yawn. I closed my eyes, but before I could fall asleep, I heard her delicate voice, which sent thousands of bolts racing through my body and my heart palpitating as a result of this strange, yet comforting sensation.

"Goodnight, my Jennie."

~~~

The ringing from my phone jolted me out from my trance and I grumbled, believing it was the person who had tried to call me earlier. When I picked up my phone, the scowl on my face suddenly turned to a smile, for the caller was exactly the person I had been thinking about. With a wide smile on my lips, I accepted the call without hesitation.

"Hey, Jennie! I'm sorry if I'm interrupting what you're doing right now."

"Hi Rosie! And no you didn't. I'm just here...um...."

"Jen?"

"I miss you."

While I awaited her response, I bit my lip and began fiddling with the sheets. The silence lingered for a time, and I could tell she was taken aback by my statement. I then hear her chuckle and from the tone of her voice, she was going to tease me for it.

"Are we getting bold now, Miss Kim?"

"Friends tell each other the truth, right? So I'm telling you now that I miss my friend, Miss Park."

I scoff and roll my eyes, mentally smacking myself for speaking the truth, but it's pointless; those words can't be taken back. Stupid Jennie.

"Well, since we're on the topic of the truth, I suppose I should tell you why I called you."

"Why then?"

"Because I miss you too, my Jennie."

I close my eyes and cover my mouth with my palm to stop myself from squealing so hard. Gosh Roseanne, what on earth are you doing to me?

"Are we getting bold now, Miss Park?"

"I've always been bold, Jennie."

"That you are, Rosie."

We both laugh at our antics, and then there is silence. Only our breathings could be heard in the comforting silence. It's strange how she manages to make me feel so happy. This is the first time I've ever felt anything like that. She frustrates and fascinates me at the same time. I'm glad I met her. A shoulder to lean on.

Are we really only friends?

"Jennie? Are you still there?"

"Yeah, I am. I was just thinking of when we could see each other again."

"Lucky for you, I made an arrangement for us. Dinner tonight at the -R- restaurant. How does that sound?"

"That sounds romantic." I teased her making her tease me back.