Chapter 18- First Day (part two)

The room filled with toddlers is not outrageously loud when Tessa walks in with Kinsley, so she isn't scared the second she arrives in her classroom. The children are at little tables with coloring pages in front of them. This makes Kinsley a little more excited now that she knows everyone will be coloring and not just her. There are only about 10-12 kids per classroom along with three teachers to keep an eye on them all. Tessa, Kara, and Thomas are the classroom teachers. Only 2 teachers are really necessary but having the third definitely comes in handy on a difficult day with all the little munchkins.

Tessa glances around the room as she figures out how to approach getting Kinsley more acclimated with the classroom. "Hey cutie, let's find the cubby with your name on it so we can put down your backpack." Kinsley shifts as she tries to get down so she can find her cubby herself even though she isn't quite sure how she'll spot her name. Tessa puts her down anyway and grabs her hand, they walk slightly to the left to find her cubby. "Alright pretty girl, I put a sticker with Sofia the First next to your name. Can you find it for me?" Kinsley looks up at Tessa with a big grin spread across her face, "uh-huh, m-m-me f-find". It only takes a matter of moments before Kinsley is grabbing Miss Tessa's hand and pointing, "I-it t-this, m-m-mine?" only to hear the reply, "Wow Kinsley! You're such a quick finder! Good job!" Kinsley blushes at the [raise like she does when her brothers do the same to her, it just makes her so happy to know that she did something right and that people are happy about something she did. Now that she found it they put away her backpack, and now that that's over Tessa decided to bring her over to Liam's table so she can sit with someone she knows. All of the kids in the classroom haven't really seemed to notice the new face in the room or else Tessa is almost certain it would be quite loud. They always get so excited when a new friend joins the classroom, the kids get along well together so this is never a problem. The chaos can always be a little much for the new party when everyone gets so excited about being their friend.

Tessa gets closer to the tale and Kinsley seems to notice who is sitting there, "L-Lee u-um!!" The little boy who was so focused on his coloring quickly drops the crayon he was holding before standing up and going to hug his friend, "KK you back!" Tessa lightly chuckles at how cute the pair is, she knows they'll end up being a great duo now that they made friends with each other. Liam quickly takes Kinsley's hand after giving her a hug and has her sit down in the chair next to him. She doesn't at all seem hesitant to sit there, but she does look behind her to make sure that her Miss Tessa is still there.

Tessa smiles at the little girl and stays close but also leaves a bit of a distance between her and the table. The other two teachers walk up and chat with Tessa to update her on what has happened for the past twenty minutes. They also confirm with each other their plans for the day with all the toddlers. They have a class full of toddlers with short attention spans as always so they must keep them occupied.

Kinsley colors her picture next to Liam as they both have focused faces trying, yet failing, to keep their crayons within the lines of their coloring pages. It is a cute sight to watch as they don't move their eyes away from the page and Liam has a serious face while Kinsley has her tongue poked out in concentration. It only lasts for several minutes before many of the other kids that have been coloring for a bit are done and start to become bored and are ready for the next activity. As the noise gets louder Kinsley seems to flinch and stop enjoying herself as much, luckily Tessa picks up on it. The other two teachers are able to settle down the kids as they tell them it's 'circle time' since that always starts around nine in the morning.

All the kids join the circle except Kinsley and Liam. Kinsley is too nervous to join as she is still slightly frightened by the loud noise that was just existing in the room. Liam noticed Kinsley's uneasiness and wanted to stay with her so he didn't move when they called circle time. Tessa stayed near the little girl as she promised and was slowly talking to her to hopefully settle her. "That was pretty loud huh?" Kinsley looked at Miss Tessa and couldn't help but nod her head. "They did mean to be loud, sweetheart. Sometimes they just forget the noise level." Kinsley's brothers quickly noticed her distaste and uncomfortableness that arose when there were loud noises. So they kept it to a minimum with the noise level when they knew she was around to keep her feeling safe.