Chapter 5- Kinsley's No & Shopping

Most of the boys are gathered in their open living room waiting for the rest of them to come downstairs. Kinsley is getting a little restless sitting on the sofa after just having had that sugary bowl of cereal. They decide that whoever isn't in the car with Kinsley on the way to the store definitely will be on the ride back home. Ashton is gonna be with Kinsley since he's her guardian more than the others are, and he's the oldest. They all decide and agree that they'll just let Kinsley pick who else she wants to be in the car with her heading to the shopping center. She'll have to sit on someone's lap on the ride there since they don't have a car seat for her. Luckily the shopping center is just about 15 minutes away and they don't have to take the parkway so they can just take backroads and not go as fast. Ashton walks over to the couch where Kinsley is sitting and crouches down in front of her to be as close to eye level with her as possible. "Baby, we gotta go shopping to get you some things, and we also have to get some food at the store. All of us are gonna go but we gotta take two cars. You're gonna ride in my car, but who else do you want to go in our car?" The little girl listens intently as much as she can, but her bubba was saying a lot. She loves all her bubbas but she knows she wants certain ones, for now, to sit with her on the ride there.

Kinsley's POV

        I get to go in Ashie's car, and he told me I get to pick who else goes in our car. I look around the living room and don't see who I want, but I know it's because some of my bubbas are still upstairs. I look up at Ashie and say "No!" and he looks shocked at first but then looks at me and says "baby, you gotta pick someone else at least, or two of your brothers" I look at him confused, I just told him I want No, why is he so confused, so I tell him again. "N-n-no, w-wants No!" he still looks at me with a pouty lip, only I do that. "Kinsley you gotta pick a brother to go in the car with us sweetheart" He's making me mad, like daddy used to get. I told him, "t-tolds ou, w-wants No!" The rest of my bubbas are looking at me with a sad face and their faces squished, I don't know why. (lol she's saying that they have their eyebrows furrowed but doesn't know the words for that, I mean she is only 3🤣)

3rd Person POV

        The boys are still very confused, they thought for sure she would just pick who she wanted no problem. They have no clue why she just keeps saying "No" to them. All the boys are gathered downstairs except Noah and Brandon who were the last to get ready but should be down any minute. Kinsley is starting to get worked up, they see the tears in her eyes and she just starts saying, "N-no, Nooo wan" At this point, the boys decide that they'll just pick since the toddler won't, and that's okay she's so little anyways. Ash looks at Kins and says "okay baby, shh it's alright. You don't have to pick" as he runs his fingers through her hair to calm her down. She's still sniffling though, she just wants her No.

        At that moment Noah walks down the stairs and the little girl lifts her head to the doorway to see him. "N-no!" she slides off the sofa and runs up to hug her bubba. All the boys have a look of realization, she was talking about Noah, he's No. Noah who was completely clueless about the conversation lifts up the toddler and smiles at her, "Is that me? Am I No?" Kinsly lifts her head and looks at him "Y-yeah b-bubby" with a smile. The boys smile at Noah, and explain that she kept saying "No" and they thought she just didn't wanna pick who to be in her car. At least now they know Noah, is her "No" so hopefully they don't make that mistake again. Brandon walks down the stairs a couple of minutes later and Kins says "B-bee bee i-in car too?" as she looks up at Ashton who says "of course, baby"

        Now that it's all settled they have everyone pile out of the house into the two SUVs they have. Ashton's car has him driving, Brandon in the passenger seat, and Noah with Kinsley on his lap in the backseat. Aiden drives the other car with Lukas in his passenger seat and Cole and Carter in the backseat. They drive to the shopping center which includes a Food store and then smaller clothing shops all having the same large parking lot.