Chapter 17- First Day (part one)

Several Days Later...3rd Person POV

Things went back to their own normal after several days. Everyone had their own chaotic schedules and to add to it Kinsley was starting Daycare today. The boys were nervous of course but also excited that she would make friends and have interaction with her own age group. Kinsley was happy of course that she would get to see her friend Liam again. She also would be able to give him the picture she colored for him.

Ashton's POV

Kins and I had just watched all our brothers leave out the door as they made their own way to work and school. I had to leave with Kins to bring her to "school" in about 20 minutes. As for now though she was playing with Bear, those two have been inseparable since they met. It's really just so adorable to see them together.

The minutes went by so quickly and it was time to walk out the door. Bear wanted nothing more than to follow, but that would have just made dropping off Kinsley harder. She wouldn't wanna leave Bear, plus I doubt they would let me bring a massive rottweiler into the daycare facility. Luckily, it wasn't too much of a hassle to get her out of the door.

She looked so cute in her outfit, and she loved the unicorn on her backpack.

She refused to wear it though, I could already see her sassy little personality coming out

She refused to wear it though, I could already see her sassy little personality coming out. I know none of the brothers nor myself would care, she's only a baby plus she's very polite. Her sass was just cute and nothing else negative. She wouldn't need to hold her own backpack now anyway. All of the stuff in her backpack was meant for just in case anyway. Her inhaler, an epinephrine shot, and two changes of clothes.

Shortly after listening to some Disney songs we arrived, "Alright baby, you ready to see Ms. Tessa and make some friends?" I said. She gave me a huge smile from the backseat as I looked in the rearview mirror before I got out of the car and removed her from the car seat.

3rd Person POV

The sibling pair walked into the bright building, Ashton holding Kinsley's hand, and in his other hand he held her backpack. Tessa was waiting for them at the front desk as they walked in, "Hello Ms. Kinsley! How are we doing this morning?" She said with a big smile as she looked at Ash and Kins. "h-h-hi" Kinsley said awfully shyly as she looked up at Tesa and then turned to hug Ashton's leg tightly. "Good morning, we are a little quiet this morning. Aren't we sweetheart?" Ashton said as he sent a small smile to Tessa before looking down at Kins. She gave a shy nod and peeked up at Tessa before only looking at Ashton again.

Ashton and Tessa talked about what to expect from today and how Kinsley would most likely struggle in the beginning to not be in the vicinity of someone she is completely comfortable with. However, Tessa promised to stay with and keep a close eye on Kinsley for however long it takes her to make friends and feel comfortable not being attached to an adult. Ashton appreciated it so much, he knew leaving Kins would be hard for him. He knew it would likely be challenging for her too, little kids hardly ever wanna leave people they know and feel safe with.

Tessa decided to get the morning started since all the other kids were settled in their rooms and she needed to get Kinsley settled too. "Well pretty girl, how about we get you all set and put your stuff away in your cubby and maybe color a picture?" Tessa said. Kinsley looked up at her wide-eyed, "O-Okay M-M-Ms. T-Tessa" Kinsely hesitantly answered. Ashton quickly swept Kinsley up into his arms and bounced her slightly. "Alright beautiful, I gotta go to work now and you're gonna stay here with Ms. Tessa and I'll be right back to get you in a few hours, okay? I want you to make some buddies and color me a picture. I love you so much, sweetheart".

Kinsley had a pouty face and a strong grip on Ash, he knew he had to go now though or the process would just be harder each time if the expectations were not set now. Tessa walked up to Ashton and was just barely able to get Kinsley n her arms, "Say

'Bye-bye' to bubba, you'll see him in a bit, pretty girl" Tessa was able to slightly calm her down, "b-b-buh b-b-bye A-Ashie" she said through slightly heavy breaths.

Ashton gave a final kiss to Kinsley's forehead before thanking Tessa and heading out the doors to his car so he could meet Aiden at the shipping company. Saying bye to his baby sister was just as hard as he figured it would be, especially when he saw her pouty little face and the tears swimming in her eyes. Tessa would be great and take care of her and occupy her little mind, and he was thankful for that.

Inside Teddy Bear Daycare, Tessa held Kinsley on her hip and picked up Kinsley's backpack so she could hopefully get her settled in the classroom they toured last week. "Okay Kinsley, are you ready to go meet some friends? You can play with them for a little bit then your bubba will be back to pick you up, and then we can do the same thing tomorrow". Kinsley didn't say anything but just snuggled into Tessa and hid her face, which was still pouty. SHe wanted to be with her bubbas, and she hadn't seen Liam yet so she wasn't even sure if he was here. He was one of the few people she 'sort-of' knew. 

Tessa took her silence and just decided to hood her and walk around the halls before she brought her into one of the classrooms. She wanted the little girl to calm down a little before bringing her into the loud chaos that is her toddler classroom. After several minutes of walking the halls, Kinsley lifted her head from Tessa's shoulder, "T-Tessie? W-what d-doing?" she said with a little confused face. "Well sweet girl, I was waiting until you felt ready to go meet some friends. You were a little quiet and I wanted you to be a little more comfortable." Kinsley gave a small smile, "w-we g-g-go see L-Lee-um?" Tessa paused then remembered that Kinsley had met Liam on her tour and it seemed like they were going to be a cute set of friends. "Of course we can!" With that, Tessa walked back down the hall before stopping to enter Kinsley's classroom. "Okay pretty girl, let's go!"

Word Count: 1174 Words

Published on: 07/08/2021

Thank you for reading!!! Sorry for such a long delay, and the slightly shorter chapter than usual. The hiatus was never planned but reason after reason led to its cause, It is over now and weekly uploads will be back. Next week a new chapter will be up and the length will go back to normal 😀

As always feel free to leave your thoughts on the chapter or book as a whole.

Anybody wanna request any specific ideas for future chapters? Or see more of a character? just let me know!