A Declaration of...

Start from the beginning

"I see..."

"Yeah. And with his situation- I don't think he would be able to attend work for a few days."

"Is there a set time, maybe?"

"Well, the doctor guessed, maximum, a week."

"Well that's okay then. I'll be sure to get in touch with him."

"I'll make sure too, that he does."

"Thank you for calling and informing me."

"Yes sir. And thank you for understanding his situation."

"Nah... the kid's really dedicated and hardworking. I'm sure he has a good reason. Please take care of them for me."

"No problem sir. Thank you again."

It was strangely nice knowing that their boss was a very empathic man. He was honestly expecting a very strict, scary old guy. And he did sound intimidating at first, until he mentioned Jimin and Jin's names, then he became like a doting uncle to them.

A good father figure, in a way.

That is nice...

He even texted Taehyung and Jungkook about their own responsibility to inform Namjoon, and he hoped they do. They tend to be forgetful on a lot of occasions, and Namjoon would keep them on track with their schedules.

Yoongi has seen their calendars, filled with notes from work to home life to family. They were just packed and colourful and a lot, the alpha could only wince seeing them.

He wondered about it, before sending Jimin another text to have him remind them both, just in case.

He tossed his phone to the side, looking over to the omega who was next to him on his own phone.

"What 'chu up to?"

"Hm?" Jin gave a brief glance, before focusing back on his device. "Just checking some emails. Want this to be over before I could focus on you."

He said so casually, as if it was something normal for him, and it made Yoongi pause and blink. The alpha willed his blush away, easing himself onto the couch as he carefully took in his boyfriend.

Wait...

Were they boyfriends?

We are b-b-b-boyfriends?-

He did casually mention it a number of times. Mostly to himself, as reassurance. But was it in any way official?

"Um...? Y-Yes...?"

Oh-

"Oh shi- I'm- I just... we... are boyfriends now..."

One of the elder's brows raised, and Yoongi suddenly felt a little younger with the way the elder omega oozed authority with the way he looked.

"By the way you kept referring to me as 'mate' a month ago, I suppose, for now, being boyfriends are a good way to head to that path," he shrugged as if it were a fact, looking back at his phone, before looking up again with the brow raised, an amused look this time, "Unless... you don't want that-"

"I did not say that."

"Then good. We're boyfriends."

The alpha just gaped, and he should not have to be so surprised with how direct and commanding the omega was.