18"

"Jesus" Lily sighed as she slammed the door to her dorm behind her

She slumped against it, her back pressing onto the cold Wood. She hadn't even cleaned the shed one bit, she'd have to stay longer next time. Lily knew it wasn't a good idea, but she found herself aching to be so close to him again.

"He rejected me" Lily breathed throughly in shock, eyes blinking. "I actually just got rejected" she repeated exasperated. "But he called me beautiful, he likes me? Merlin I'm talking to myself now"

She dragged a frustrated hand down her face and dramatically flopped onto her bed, staring at the ceiling processing everything.

As the door swung open she didn't even get up.

"Hiya!" Lucie smiled

Lily peeked out of the corner of her eye, "hi Luce"

"Merlin, you look rough"

"Thank you sweetheart" Lily smiled sarcastically making Lucie snicker

"You haven't seen Ellis around by any chance have you?"

"I don't think so" Lily replied sitting up suddenly very interested, "why?"

"Well, it's just she keeps disappearing all of a sudden randomly. I can never find her anywhere"

"It's actually funny you should say that" Lily hummed scrunching her face up in thought, "I've realised that Laias been missing a bit lately. She usually comes to watch Hugo and I play quidditch but she wasn't in the stands this afternoon"

"Oh that's strange" Lucie hummed

"Yeah..." Lily drifted off

"Well I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere" Lucie smiled brightly, "I'll leave you to get back to your... staring contest with the ceiling" she laughed

"I'll make sure I win, especially for you" Lily smiled sweetly making Lucie laugh

"See you in a bit Lils!"

As the dorm room shut once again Lily thought harder. She loved her friends. Hugo and Laia meant everything to her. She'd known Hugo since the day he was born. He was always person she turned for to joke with, Play a game of Quidditch with and laugh with, Laia was Lilys rock in Hogwarts . She remembered her first day at Hogwarts. She remembered the groups of students all crowding her and flooding her with questions. You're james sister right? And Albus,? What's it like having Harry Potter as your dad? Do you think you could get us an autograph? Your mum plays for the cannons right? Do you think you could get us some tickets in the box?

For her first day, it was a lot.

Lily remembered one girl though, Laia. She sat at the Gryffindor table alone as everyone else crowed her. She interested Lily. Laia noticed her staring and caught Lily's eye, sending her a sympathetic smile.

From that day on Lily knew she wanted to be friends with Laia. They told each other everything. So Lily didn't know why she felt that Laia was hiding something from her.

She could've always checked the marauders map to see her location, but for some reason it felt like a huge violation of Laia's privacy. She didn't want to loose her in the process of her own nosy curiosity.

Letting out a loud yawn she groaned as her muscles ached from training. She so badly wanted to visit the prefects bathroom, but not being a prefect, and forgetting the password Laia had given her meant that she'd have to wait for another night. So as she pulled her Pyjamas on and shuffled under her bed sheets she closed her eyes.

But all she could see was Nico.

They were in the brooms shed. She could almost smell his Cologne and shampoo. Sure he might of confessed to thinking of finding her gorgeous and admitting she drive him insane. Did that mean he liked her? It was all just so confusing. But he didn't like her enough. He had too many excuses.

Lily groaned slamming her head into the pillow, "why does it all have to be so confusing!" She yelled as an owl landed onto the window ledge.

Too lazy to get out of her bed she reached over for her wand, flicking the latch and sliding open the window. The owl hopped over to her.

Taking the letter from its leg and watching it fly back away she unravelled the paper.

I'm sorry for today, forgive me Rose
-N