13"

Lily was sitting at the Gryffindor table happily enjoying her breakfast, joking with Hugo about how much lettuce a flobberworm would need to eat before it explodes when a chorus of shrieks sounded over head as the owls came swooping down in the hall

Lily noticed the familiar owl that had dropped off a letter for her, swiftly flying back.

Hey Lils,
Hope you're well and having a fun time at Hogwarts.

Hope you're kicking ass in quidditch!

And that you're studying hard for your newts..

We're having a little get together at the cottage this weekend. All the family's coming.

You don't have to bring something for dinner, we've got it sorted

Love
Alya and James

Lily smiled to her herself. Though she hated to admit it she'd missed her older brothers. Seeing her family altogether was what she needed, plus she'd missed hundreds of her gossiping sessions with Alya and needed to make up for loss time.

"Everything okay?" Laia asked Lily thoughtfully

"Everything's great!" Lily smiled, "just an invite to James and Alya's for dinner this weekend" she said folding them letter and putting it into her pocket

Lily's lessons that week had been fairly uneventful. They were jam packed with content and all Professor gave little to no leeway with projects and essays all in preparation for newts later on in the year.
She'd spent another day cleaning out the broom shed, most disappointed that Nico could not make it to help her as he was giving flying lessons to some struggling first years.

The weekend had rolled around, she'd been waiting all week to finally be able to relax.

Lily loved the Lupin cottage. She loved the homeliness, the coziness, the salt air, the soft breezes, the tranquilly of it all.

As Viola, Harry, Lily and Albus turned up outside the front door Lily watched her dad grab her mother's hand tightly, giving it a reassuring squeeze before Albus knocked on the door.

It was all redone. The paint that had started to flake had been repainted and a new plaque hung on the wall above the flower Potts that read, The Lupin Cottage.

The door swung open to reveal a smiling Alya Hill on the other side of the door.

"Hiya! I'm so glad you could all make it" she smiled giving them all a tight warm hug, "come in come in! James is already in there with my mother" she laughed

Viola instantly seemed a lot more chirpy, "Suzanna is here?" She smiled as Alya nodded, pulling Harry by the hand behind her as she kissed Alya on the cheek and went off to find Suzanna and James.

"Alys!" Lily beamed hugging Alya tighter, "we've got so much to talk about"

"Oh Lord" Alya laughed, "should I be worried?"

"Perhaps" Lily smirked

"Please Lily. Spare me, James had been doing my head in. I can't deal with two of you today" Alya shook her head in amusement.

Walking into the living room her mum dad and Alya's mother were all chatting by the fireplace, Remus was flicking through the stack of sketch work belonging to Alya. There was only one other person who she didn't see-

"LIL! surprise!" James jumped out getting her in headlock and ruffling her hair making it stand up in all directions

"Gerrof you idiot" Lily groaned, her voice muffled slightly

James laughed and finally released her as Alya shot him a warning Look making him try to subtly roll his eyes.

She caught him in the act. James tried to backtrack blowing Alya a kiss across the room. Alya looked disgusted.

Lily thought it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen.

"These are great Alys" Remus hummed flicking through the pages of art work

"Thanks Rem, they're going to be part of a new section for the gallery at work. I hope it's going to be a hit" Alya smiled handing everyone a cup of tea she'd made, sitting down next to her mother and putting an arm around her

"Of course they'll be a hit" James said suddenly, "you're too talented for them not to be. I mean look at them. They're gorgeous. They couldn't get any better"

Alya laughed and kissed James' cheek as he sat beside her, "we'll just have to see I guess. James is overreacting"

"I'm not" James said stubbornly, "they're going to be a massive hit. You're amazing"

"James, we get it" Harry smiled from Violas side who was always unusually quiet for herself at the Lupin Cottage, but she was getting better with every visit.

She was glad her son and his girlfriend were living there together now. They'd breathed life back into it. It was cold or empty anymore. It held life and laughter and she was so grateful for it.

Alya was about to suggest they all move towards the table to start the meal when there was a knock on the door.

"Hi! So sorry I'm late. I had to stay at Hogwarts for a bit longer than I originally thought"

Nico stood in the doorway, his nose pink, his hair ruffled and a mess from the wind, wrapped in a maroon chunky jumper while he sent Lily a wink across the room as he greeted James and Alya.