Ch.38 "Staying With The Garmadons"

Start from the beginning

Lloyd came back holding a canvas.

I asked, very interested, "What is it?"

He sat beside me and showed me the painting. "This is what me and the new student painted on Wednesday in art class."

"New student?" The painting was beautiful, all candy, but beautiful. Too bad it was unfinished.

"Yeah, we have a new student, Francis. I had four lessons with him."

"Is he cute?" Lloyd gave me a look. So I added, "I'm just messing with you."

"You better be, we just came back from a date." He put the canvas on the coffee table in front of the couch. "In case you're actually wondering, he's nothing special as far as I know."

Then he asked, changing the subject, "Did you do your homework?"

"Nope. I'll do it tomorrow...maybe." I remembered the fanfiction I wanted to read. "Are you going to read your new comic tonight?"

"Yes, I'm very excited for it." He asked, "What about you?"

"I have reading plans too."

"The new book you got?"

No, a very angsty fanfiction. "Yes," I lied.

Koko yelled from the kitchen, "Don't you dare stay up all night, Lloyd. Tomorrow is a busy day."

"I won't, I promise."

I said, "You're a liar."

"I have no choice."

"You could be honest."

"You have no right to scold me about this, you also want to read a book."

I thought. "Yes, but she's not my mom, she's yours."

Koko came and brought two mugs. "Hot chocolate for Cinderella and the plushie girl."

Lloyd complained, again, "For the love of god, stop calling me that."

I told Koko as I took the mug from her. "He's not Cinderella."

"Thank you," Lloyd said and sipped his hot chocolate.

"His name is Cindergreen from now on."

Lloyd spat his hot chocolate on the carpet.

Koko laughed "Nice nickname. I'll go check on dinner." She told Lloyd, "Clean the carpet."

I looked at my mug when she left, I hope I don't burn myself again.

And Brandon the asshole still didn't return my mug.

Here we go, I took a sip.

I jinxed it, again. I burned my tongue.

Lloyd said, "That's what you get for calling me Cindergreen."

I tried to say 'Shut up, Cindergreen,' but it came out in Simlish (Sims' language).

Lloyd just laughed at me and continued drinking. Why did I go on a date with this guy?

Since I had jinxing powers, I hoped nothing, absolutely nothing wrong would happen to him.

He choked on his hot chocolate a second later.

~~~

Koko told me to put my sweatshirt in the washing machine so I did before I went to have dinner with her and Lloyd. She insisted that I stay with them for the night, and I had no other choices anyway.

I took a seat around the table. Koko had already put a full plate in front of me. Lloyd was staring at his own plate, his mind may have been full of thoughts or something because he wasn't eating. Well, my mind was full of memes and fanfics so I couldn't really judge.

I tasted my food, and immediately ate more.

"I guess you liked it?" Koko said.

"Absolute masterpiece."

"You're not saying that because you're dating my son, aren't you?"

"Nope, Cindergreen has nothing to do with this."

Lloyd didn't even object or complain. He kept staring at his food, not eating, his expression was unreadable.

Koko asked her son, "Why aren't you eating?"

He raised his head and then glanced back at his food, not expecting the question. "Um, nothing, I'm eating." He starting eating and didn't say anything else.

Koko returned her attention to me. "Sorry, we don't have a guest bedroom. You can stay in my room if you want, I'll sleep in the living room."

"Oh, no. That won't be necessary. I can sleep in the living room."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. You said you have a busy day tomorrow, you should rest well." I added after taking a look at Lloyd who was silently eating "I can stop Lloyd if he ever tried to sneak out too, how about that?"

Lloyd looked at me. Koko said after taking a bite, "Okay, you can sleep on the couch if you really want. Tell me if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay."

Guess who won't be sneaking out for ninja stuff tonight.

I didn't even know if he was planning to. A part of me wondered if he ever thought about S/n after that night in the hospital. Would he try to get in contact with her -me-?

I didn't let myself think about that any further and focused on the food on my plate for the rest of the meal.

~~~

After dinner, Koko brought me a pillow and a blanket and I lied on the couch. I was careful not to hit my left arm as I pulled the blanket on top of me.

I would return Lloyd's hoodie tomorrow when my shirt dries. And by the way, his hoodie was comfortable, so I had no problem with it.

I opened Wattpad on my phone and took a deep breath before I started reading the fanfiction which the yeeted fangirl recommended to me.