The King gritted his teeth, a serious expression on his face as the spirit pokemon returned to the fight. He couldn't have anticipated Sceptile's bloodlust, the gears in his mind turning to conjure up another plan.

But we weren't going to let that happen. I turned to the forest pokemon, his eyes fixed on his opponent as I called the next move, "Dragon pulse now Sceptile!"

The ray of multicoloured light illuminated the dark room as it blasted through the air at immense speed. At the last second, Spiritomb managed to escape into the shadow world, biding its time as Sceptile moved to the centre of the field.

"Dream eater Spiritomb."

An invisible wave of psychic energy washed over Sceptile, forcing him to one knee. His face was strained, his eyes closed but that wouldn't be enough to take him out.

"Now use foul play!"

The moment the shadowy portal opened, Spiritomb emerged, cloaked in a terrifying aura. Just as its move was about to connect, Sceptile disappeared in the blink of an eye, evading with ease despite being hit with a powerful move seconds before.

"Finish them with dragon pulse Sceptile!"

An afterimage of the forest pokemon appeared above his opponent, Sceptile stood behind Spiritomb as it landed on the floor. There was no time for the spirit pokemon to react as a blinding beam of draconic energy crashed into it from long range.

The enraged spirits swirling in the blue mist returned to their original purple colour, Spiritomb collapsing to the floor in defeat as it reverted to its original form.

Sceptile was panting heavily, the fatigue of two intense battles evident from his tiring body. He knew his time would come again as I returned him to his pokeball, ready for whatever the King had left for us.

Now down to his final two pokemon, our opponent was now being backed into a corner. Though I couldn't afford to rest just yet. Sceptile was tired and both Aegislash and Dragonite were still recovering from their earlier fights meaning we weren't out of the woods just yet.

"Your impertinence disgusts me. Your only purpose is to die here at my hands and yet you still defy the fate that is tied to you."

There was another flash of dark purple light as a huge, twenty foot tall pokemon emerged. A colossal grey and magenta bodied pokemon floated in the air, its six arms detached and floating by its side. The djinn pokemon's long tail flowed behind its large body, a malicious grin spread on its devilish face.

With such an insanely strong pokemon standing before me, it took me a moment to realise that the King still had one more ready for battle. I couldn't afford to ease up at all, knowing that it would result in our imminent defeat.

Aegislash emerged from his pokeball, a stern look in his eye. The royal sword pokemon turned to me, a knowing look on his tired face. I could see that he wanted this fight, even if his victory was far out of our grasp.

But we would fight our hardest, that was for sure. I looked to the field, calling out the first move, "Start with shadow sneak!"

Before our opponent could react, Aegislash had slipped into the shadows, striking with unexpected speed. But the move didn't seem to affect Hoopa, its unbound form providing it with near immeasurable strength and durability.

"Hmph this battle has gone on long enough. Hoopa, use hyperspace hole."

The background of the throne room was drowned out by a field of white light. The djinn pokemon disappeared into a dark swirling portal, time seeming to come to a stop.

I could only watch on as Aegislash was struck from behind by Hoopa as it emerged from another shadowy portal. The pure white background faded away, the throne room now encircling the two fighting pokemon.

The royal sword pokemon returned to the battle, clanging his offhand against his buckler. He was determined not to lose, even in the face of such a powerful pokemon. This was enough to ignite the battling spirit within me, confident in my pokemon's ability.

"Ha, that means nothing. Use focus blast."

Even though the move wouldn't usually be effective, I learned the hard way that the Distortion World didn't play fair, regardless of logic. Hoopa let out a deafening roar, firing a blast of bright blue energy.

"King's shield Aegislash!"

The blast of energy crashed into a wall of blue light. Aegislash stood firm, dispelling the powerful fighting move. The royal sword pokemon didn't need me to make the next call, charging forward across the throne room.

Aegislash let loose, repeatedly attacking from close range. Hoopa was quick but the steel type's superior agility meant that his close combat move hit the mark multiple times.

"Hmph, finish them with hyperspace hole."

This time we were ready for anything, trying anything we had at our disposal to keep this battle going. Aegislash threw up a wall of blue light the moment the field became a desolate white.

Hoopa disappeared into a shadowy portal, emerging directly in front of the steel type. Time stopped flowing as the djinn pokemon swung its arm straight through the protective move, smashing into Aegislash.

The royal sword was thrust to the floor again, the throne room returning to normal. Aegislash tried to push on but was unable to continue the fight, collapsing to the floor in defeat.

My eyes dropped to the floor as I returned Aegislash, thanking him for staying in fighting condition for so long, even after battling before this. Now I was down to my final two pokemon, but I wasn't ready to concede just yet.

I called on Sceptile once more, the forest pokemon appearing refreshed after his short rest. We exchanged knowing looks, realising that we could only go all out from the beginning. Sceptile was already warmed up from his earlier fights and now he was more than ready to take this fight to the next level.

"Alright, this is it! Sceptile, mega evolve!"

A bright white light engulfed the grass type and as he emerged, his body was overflowing with raw draconic power. His tail had grown much longer, the top coloured a pale red. The grass type's body was striped red and green, his eyes glowing a bright floral green as his power reached its peak.

"Ha, all of your efforts are in vain! Hoopa, use hyperspace fury!"