15 | Your Not My Baby

______________

Death By A Thousand Cuts by Taylor Swift

"I ask the traffic lights if it will be alright, they say I don't know

"I ask the traffic lights if it will be alright, they say I don't know."
______________

Y/N laid on the couch with a blanket around her body as her cats laid with her. She had a bottle of wine, tissues, pen and paper, sad music blaring around the apartment as the end of La La Land played. She had tear stains all down her face as she sniffled.

It's been two days since the break-up, and she's been a wreak...

Yelena opened the flat door; she threw her stuff down and walked to see Y/N on the couch, in the state she's was in. "What happened? Why are you crying?" Yelena knelt beside the couch, pushing Y/N's hair out of her face.

"George and I broke up," Y/N mumbled without any emotion.

"Why, what happened?"

"It's so stupid; I asked if he'd come with me on tour, he said no, then we got into it..."

"Awe, Y/N, I'm so sorry." Yelena sighed and sat on the couch, Y/N's head in her lap as she brushed back her hair. "Maybe you two just need time? Then everything will go back to normal?"

Y/N sighed and told Yelena about the whole fight, "then I said goodbye, and he did too... We broke up. We're done unless he sees that I never meant to steal him away or whatever." she scoffed. "But... I should have tried to understand his point of view too," she sighed.

"Well, right now, how about we watch a movie?" Yelena smiled and drank some wine from Y/N's glass, "what about The Holiday?"

"Already watched it..."

"Under the Tuscan Sun?"

"Watched."

"(500) Days Of Summer?"

"Watched that too..."

"I was only gone for two days?! What else did you watch?"

I've watched those three, then Pride and Prejudice, The Notebook, Someone Great and now I'm watching La La Land..."

"Let's finish La La Land, then let's watch... Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Let's stay away from the sad romantic movies or any romantic movie," Yelena turned it on after La La Land finished.

Y/N actually laughed; she enjoyed the comedy about the two sisters. It reminded her of Yelena and herself, the two crazy sisters.

After the movie, Y/N slept with Yelena in her room.

The next few days consisted of Y/N watching movies, crying and spending time with Yelena. She did have to go to school, but she came back and cheered Y/N up.

Y/N sat in the middle of the living room, papers scattered around her. The whole day she's been writing, that's the only thing she wanted to do. Yelena laid on the couch drinking tea watching her sister at 1 in the morning.

Y/N sipped her tea and smiled, "okay, Cornelia Street, Afterglow and Daylight are done."

"Are you going to put that song," Yelena tried to remember the name. "Soon You'll Get Better, on the album?"

"Yea, it's about my mom, when she got cancer, and I tried to stay strong." She smiled softly, "Im going to get the Chicks to be a featured in it; my mom loved them."

"Zara would love it!" Yelena nodded, cuddling the cats.

"That's 17 songs... I want an even number, one more song."

"What about one about your breakup?"

"I... I dont wanna write a breakup song; I've written so many, plus, I write them if I am never getting back together with them."

"It could be more of a lost, romantic breakup song?"

Y/N nodded slowly; she went over the lyrics and then remembered the movie, Someone Great and her relationship with George. She then knew the lyrics for this song. She hummed and then sang the lyrics.

"You said it was a great love, one for the ages. If the story's over, why am I still writing pages?" She closed her eyes and sang whatever came to her mind. "Saying goodbye is death by a thousand cuts. Flashbacks waking me up, I get drunk, but it's not enough 'cause the morning comes and you're not my baby. I look through the windows of this love.
Even though we boarded them up
Chandelier still flickering here, 'cause I can't pretend it's okay when it's not,
It's death by a thousand cuts." Y/N then sang another chorus and then sang the ending, "I take the long way home, I ask the traffic lights if it'll be all right. They say "I don't know.""

"Now, that's a beautiful song," Yelena yawned.

"Thank you, sleepyhead."

"It's 4 am, and I have school; what do you expect?" She giggled.

"Fair enough." She nodded and finished the song, "that shall be named, death by a thousand cuts..."

"You need to perform that one at the Oscars."

"Well, I think I'll fly out tomorrow to New York, get them recorded, then go to California to rehearsal for the Oscars."

"I have a week break end of January; I can come and watch!"

"Perfect," Y/N smiled and sat beside her sister. "I'll pack some stuff, get these fur balls ready and head to my New York place."

"I'll go to school and come down on my break," she smiled.

"Sounds like a plan."