10 | Song Writing

______________

London Boy by Taylor Swift

"Home is where the heart is, that's not where mine lives

"Home is where the heart is, that's not where mine lives."
______________

The past few months, Y/N and George spent a lot of time together, minus sister time and work... Yelena started school, so she's been busy; the two have been spending time together whenever they could, not working or with their boyfriends. And Y/N has written and recorded 13 songs so far. The album is coming along smoothly, but she still wanted at least another three songs.

Y/N sat in her recording studio thinking about more songs and themes; she racked her brain trying to think... "What about a love song?" She asked herself, she started singing random lyrics, but nothing stuck...

Y/N then started to sing something about her and her lovers, story, some things they've said to each other and then she felt the song coming along.

"The wine is cold, like the shoulder that I gave you in the street-cat and mouse for a month or two or three. Now I wake up in the night and watch you breathe. Kiss me once 'cause you know I had a long night

(Oh!) Kiss me twice 'cause it's gonna be alright. Three times 'cause I've waited my whole life (One, two, one two three four!). I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings!"

Paper Rings, then was born.

"That sounded amazing!" George grinned and walked in, "ready to go or would you like me to grab some takeout for us and bring it back?"

"I need a break, so I'll come and pick it up with you," she smiled, grabbing her coat and purse, then kissing George. They walked hand in hand to the local Chinese restaurant; they both loved Chinese takeaway (takeout). When they grabbed the food and walked back to her recording studio, Y/N caught sight of some paparazzi. They saw her and started taking pictures; she didn't want them to see Georges's face, so she grabbed his face and kissed him. George had his hood on, so they only saw the back of him. Y/N then grabbed his hand and ran.

George didn't see the paparazzi, but he did welcome the kiss.

When they made it back, they sat down eating; it was around 2 am.

"How are you still awake?" George yawned.

"I'm a night owl; I write most of my songs in the late hours of the night to early hours of the morning." Y/N smiled, "this is nothing for me."

"You're crazy," he laughed and kissed her temple. "So... I have this award show to attend and-"

"George..." Y/N warned, "that's work."

"Yes, but we are in your work recording studio."

"Yes, but I'm not telling you where I have to perform in the next year, then you'll know exactly who I am."

"Maybe that's not a bad thing?"

"But... Every time an ex knew me or what I've done, they just saw that; they saw the money, hate or lies of the media. I don't want that with you... We can have this romance without that; I just want to keep it quiet and away from all the spotlight for now. Please," she said softly, holding his hand.

"Of course, my love. I understand," Geoge smiled sadly, laying a kiss to her lips softly like she was made out of porcelain.

"Thank you," she smiled up at him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see it that way..."

"I'm sorry, I didn't see it your way. I understand you want to know each other better and become public, but thank you."

"Thank you, my love."

Y/N fell asleep on George's chest on her studio's couch; she yawned and smiled, seeing him in peaceful slumber.

Her phone then went off; she picked it up, seeing the caller ID read, Jo Watson. "Hello?" She answered in a whisper, sitting up and walking to the sound booth, shutting the door behind her.

"Y/N, last night you got Chinese food and kissed some guy in London, it's all over the media, mostly American, but still, everyone is wondering who it is."

"Seriously... Of course, it's everywhere."

"I wanted to tell you before you read anything. I recommend them not seeing your man's face, though, it would just get messier, and you'd get a lot of hate for being happy."

"I agree completely; thank you for telling me, jo."

"No problem, Y/N. Now go be with your boy toy, and write some music!" Jo laughed and said her goodbyes.

Y/N looked at some of the articles, and nothing showed George's face. Thank goodness. She then had an idea; she ran to the middle of the recording studio flood, where papers were scattered everywhere. She sat down and sang and write down some lyrics.

"I love my hometown as much as Motown; I love SoCal. And you know I love Springsteen, faded blue jeans, Tennessee whiskey. But something happened; I heard him laughing. I saw the dimples first, and then I heard the accent. They say home is where the heart is, but that's not where mine lives." Y/N smiled as she started the song, going into the chorus and then the next ones. "Took me back to Highgate, met all of his best mates, so I guess all the rumours are true. You know I love a London boy, boy, I fancy you!"

"Yes!" She grinned; she then completed London Boy.

"Huh?" George sat up, rubbing his tired eyes. "What happened?"

"I just finished another song; I can record these two next time I go to New York. Then hopefully have more by this winter, when I go."

"But will you be busy early 2020 winter?".

"Yes and no," Y/N said.

"Well, if it works out, I'd like you to be my date for an event. If we are okay with going public then."

"Okay," Y/N nodded after thinking for while, why not? She then walked over to George, straddling him. "I wrote a song about you," she smiled and kissed his cheek down his neck.

"Y-you did?" George inhaled as his arms went around Y/N.

"It's called London Boy."

"Perfect, my lover..." George kissed her as he trailed off. Y/N pulled away from him as Georg kept his eyes closed trying to find her lips.

"That's it!" She grinned and jumped off him, running to sit down in her writing spot.

"It's what?" George whined.

"I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all," she mumbled and wrote down lyrics. "And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover." Lover was then born... Y/N grinned and called a few people go schedule time in New York to record the songs, then jumped back on the couch as George watched her write and ball people for an hour.

"You wrote another?"

"Yup, all of them about our love."

"I can't wait to hear them..." George smiled and leaned over her, kissing her softly.

"Well, I have a performance around the same time as your event, nothing I can't handle. Would you want to come?"

"I'd love too."